More pictures from the Esoteric evening (The Globe)

Started by Neil Palfreyman, December 26, 2009, 01:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Palfreyman

Some pictures from the Esoteric evening at the Globe, Cardiff on the 8th Nov.  Not quite up to the standard of Mike's awesome pictures and a little (!) late  :oops:

as ever the full set is here:

//http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=328159521

johninblack

Very good sir, very good indeed. Just seeing that same stage set brings back great memories of totally bonkers dudes playing real top quality music. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

MikeEvs

Thanks for the compliment Neil and I'm sorry I didn't say hello at this gig it only dawned on me after the gig who you were and I must admit in my drunken state at the It Bites gig I don't think I even saw you or if I did I don't remember :oops:

Trapezium Artist

I'm very impressed by the way that Nathan is playing the bass one-handed in Picture 4  :shock:

Looks like a still from the (half) Invisible Man ...  :D

johninblack

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"I'm very impressed by the way that Nathan is playing the bass one-handed in Picture 4  :shock:

I was very impressed with his bass playing all the way through, a very talented guy and amongst the best bass players about I would say.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"I'm very impressed by the way that Nathan is playing the bass one-handed in Picture 4  :shock:

I was very impressed with his bass playing all the way through, a very talented guy and amongst the best bass players about I would say.

And he's on tour with Level 42 next year. I might try and go see them if I can afford it.

"Look at the time!" Ah, memories...  :D

MikeEvs

Quote from: "Mouse"And he's on tour with Level 42 next year. I might try and go see them if I can afford it.

I met Nathan again at the It Bites xmas gig in Reading he asked if I'd like to come take photos of Level 42 when their on tour next year :D

johninblack

Quote from: "MikeEvs"
Quote from: "Mouse"And he's on tour with Level 42 next year. I might try and go see them if I can afford it.

I met Nathan again at the It Bites xmas gig in Reading he asked if I'd like to come take photos of Level 42 when their on tour next year :D
You lucky B...............
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

rogerg

johninblack

Quote from: "rogerg"grats, Mike!!
Sorry, what was I thinking. Congratulations, you lucky B..........
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

Congratulations indeed, Mike!  :D

*Goes off to seeth with jealousy behind the water cooler*

MikeEvs

Cheers guys it's a long way off with tour being in October and I was drunk when Nathan asked but I'm just glad I didn't forget :lol:

I'm sure I'll be in touch with Nathan before the tour and clarify which gigs I'm going to cover, I watched some clips from their recent live dvd on their website and it seems that Nathan is a mean guitar player as well as bass :D

johninblack

Quote from: "MikeEvs"it seems that Nathan is a mean guitar player as well as bass :D
It's a shame he's such a nice bloke, it would be so easy to hate all that talent. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

D S

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "MikeEvs"it seems that Nathan is a mean guitar player as well as bass :D
It's a shame he's such a nice bloke, it would be so easy to hate all that talent. :D
Yes, I can vouch for his guitar playing skills.  I was surprised to hear he was playing bass for first It Bites and then Frost* as I'd only seen him on guitar with Level 42.  He ably manages the guitar parts of the various guitarists who've been in Level 42 including the late great Alan Murphy.  I was especially pleased that they played Man from the Staring At The Sun album when I last saw them.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

dtjoez

Awesome. Indeed.