Prog Radio stations.

Started by tigermoth, July 09, 2014, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

Evening all. I was delighted to discover a Prog station I've never heard of before, bassed in the UK, by the name of Progzilla Towers: http://www.progzilla.com/listen/

It's all run by one enterprising chap. There's an amount of repetition of podcasts on there and then there's an automated stream I believe, but hey, all done by one gent so you can't grumble. Incidentally, if you're around tonight, from 20:00 Jeff green will be on the show having a chat. I'll be tuning in. Anyroad up, what I wanted to ask you guys and gals, is what prog stations you know about and which ones you favour. I'll list the ones I know of. There may not be many more than that, but if you know of any others I'd be interested. Here goes:
ProgRockRadio.com,
Deliscious Agony (My personal favourite)
Morow.com,
AuralMoon.com,
Prog.fm
Progressive Positivity.
And as I mentioned, Progzilla.

These are all online of course and I think a few are just automated streaming. Any more takers folks? Cheers :)

ich_bin_besser

Here are the ones I regularly listen to:

aiiradio.net
houseofprog.com

Othes are:
progrock.com
thedividingline.com

Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Trapezium Artist

I'd like to strongly recommend TheDividingLine.com, although I have to admit that my listening is completely restricted to The Amazing Wilf's "The European Perspective".

His weekly 4-5 hour podcast used to keep me more than busy while cycling back and forth to work. But since he's gone biweekly (at best) and I'm cycling a lot more, I do need something else to download and listen to  ;D

owen

I'm sure that's dodgy grammar, or possibly spelling :o. Anyway, what about Gonzo? Does he still broadcast?

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on July 11, 2014, 12:27:54 AM
I'm sure that's dodgy grammar, or possibly spelling :o. Anyway, what about Gonzo? Does he still broadcast?

Err? Oh, the superfluous 'o'. Ah well, now you see it, now you don't  8)

gr8gonzo

Gonzo does still broadcast, just not weekly anymore. I intend to do a new show sometime this month, my schedule permitting.

http://www.thedividingline.com/eima
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

L33VEY

I have it on good authority that next Wednesday's Progzilla will have a Frost*ie flavour quite near the start   ;)
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

Mikey

TA? Dodgy grammar? How very dare you  :)
I used to have a signature

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on July 12, 2014, 11:41:53 AM
TA? Dodgy grammar? How very dare you  :)

Nothing to be seen here; move along, move along. Owen was hallucinating.

gr8gonzo

Very well, then. I'm off to ask Wilf when he first learned he'd gone bi.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: gr8gonzo on July 13, 2014, 07:07:44 PM
Very well, then. I'm off to ask Wilf when he first learned he'd gone bi.

I am, without a shadow of a doubt, completely lost. Again.

rogerg

> But since he's gone biweekly (at best)

;D

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: rogerg on July 14, 2014, 03:11:33 PM
> But since he's gone biweekly (at best)

;D

I knew that. I knew that  ???

I was just enormously distracted by the idea of a bi-Wilf. The man that lives between my ears for so many hours out on the bi(ke). Egads.

Mikey

I used to have a signature

owen

Quote from: Mikey on July 15, 2014, 09:20:55 AM
Got myself an egad

That only works if you're super cool, like TA ;)