Frosties, your help is needed pleeeeeeaaaaase?!

Started by Blunders73, November 18, 2015, 07:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunders73

Hello guys and girls.
By some freak of nature/change in the weather, I've been nominated as 2015 best prog drummer of the year in Rhythm magazine. I don't normally go in for 'best' etc but it's a huge honour to be even thought about in the same breath as the greats. I pretty much know I won't win but if you'd take literally 5 seconds to tick my name on this link and pass it on/share to anyone that will listen i'd genuinely be extremely greatful, it would be nice to make a dent in the usual suspects winning it year after year. Thank you so much. See you soon
Blunders

http://www.musicradar.com/news/drums/who-is-the-best-prog-drummer-of-2015-630518

D S

Done!  8)
A couple of surprising omissions in the list. No NDV (who played brilliantly at the BBT gigs). And no Mike Portnoy!! Or is he banned from the category now?!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Mooncat

Done, and good luck.

IMHO the likes of Nick missing is probably down to the profile of the artist they are playing for not being as high as some of the other names on the list (although I would have though Flying Colours would have got MP a nod) :o

As Blunders says, these sorts of things are usually won by the same people, and MP does get a nomination in the Rock category for the Winery Dogs so maybe they're trying to widen the appeal by not having the same people in multiple categories
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

rogerg

Blunders73

Thank you guys. There's other categories for MP..

Mikey

I used to have a signature

Mordwin

L33VEY

Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

lyn

Had already done mine... glad you've started banging your own drum!:-)
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

RobRideout

Voooooted. Quite a list there! Good to see Gavin Harrison is on there, too. Some of my favourite drums of all time came from that man.

Also, Craig Blundell (Steven Wilson)? Surely the Frost* hasn't been ignored? :P

owen

Not sure when Porcupine Tree were last active, either. Anyway, I think I may have voted twice, using my phone. That's probably cheating ;)

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Blunders73

Thank you guys

Rob, it's for 2015' I've been out with SW most of the year, Frost have been inactive. not sure why PT is mentioned, gav is out with Crimson

DavSel

Pedro

"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"