Peeling Out Across the Rooftops

Started by Jothiepoos, December 21, 2008, 02:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jothiepoos

Superb! I talk, naturally, of the Peel gig last night.
I had no idea of the size of the place; compact is not in it!
What a great set particularly the seasonal opening of Black Light Machine. But Milliontown in total was gobsmacking and the two encores, Lamb Lies Down/The Other Me and I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day were wondrous. The first time I saw Genesis was on the 'Lamb' tour in 1975 (I'm an old git) and your version folks was as close as you could get to the 'older group'. Interesting that you didn't get to 'Fly on a Windshield' since that is where all the Mellotron kicks in and Jem you re-itterated your hate of the instrument. Another Steve Howell/Hollow Sun sample perhaps. He actually owned one in 1977 and I remember having to lug it with three other to a practice hall, ouch!
Who was the :D  :D  'guest singer' on the old Wizzard favourite? Could it be another Edwards family member cos he looked remarkably like a certain drum throne batterer.

Any way, thanks folks indeed for a brilliant start to Christmas!http://www.frostmusic.net/frosties/posting.php?mode=post&f=3&sid=900e93fb10f311e07267885ca0d039c3#