I've got a secret to share :)

Started by Lerxst, November 07, 2008, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyuwert

I believe we are all being brainwashed. It's the only reasonable explanation.

Claudio

Quote from: "vkamicht"I believe we are all being brainwashed. It's the only reasonable explanation.

That's right!!!
I think some time ago, and it seems that it is true. Jem, stop with this, is not funny :P
Just FROST*

Jem

You are all my children now.  :shock:

Jem

Quote from: "Fireblend"Anyway, I'd expect anyone desperate enough to grab the leak right now to also buy the album eventually, as I obviously am. If not, leaked or not, they most likely weren't going to buy it anyway :p

It's only since the promo CD's went out that it got P2P'd so read into that what you will.

Next time, there won't be any promo CD's.

PhilHarmonic

Oh, yes there will!!  You can't help yourself, you little tease, you!!

You might be 'the man' but you can't help being the child at the same time!! So, ta!
I play the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order

Freddy

I found frost through filesharing and now I've bought Milliontown, two frost tees and pre-ordered EIMA special edt. :D

This must be a good thing, right? :D

Jem

Narek

Jem you must bring back your Synclavier avatar! Or something just as noticeable, (perhaps a baboon's rear?) so we can track your posts.  :lol:
I wont be the good for nothing.

kyuwert

Quote from: "Narek"Jem you must bring back your Synclavier avatar! Or something just as noticeable, (perhaps a baboon's rear?) so we can track your posts.  :lol:

x2! It's not the same without it!

Freddy

Quote from: "Jem"absolutely, thank you freddy.  :D

Lovely, no problems, I hope you can afford an extra pint next time... or something :D

Lerxst

Quote from: "Freddy"I found frost through filesharing and now I've bought Milliontown, two frost tees and pre-ordered EIMA special edt. :D

This must be a good thing, right? :D

Good man Freddy.
And for those of you who have managed to acquire a leaked copy please ensure that you follow suit and do purchase a legitimate copy of the album.

I do know "people" who will perform all sorts of body torture for the price of a can of special brew - you have been warned, you think you can hide?  :mrgreen:  

I still can't believe that someone who received a promo copy made it available on the web - what a c*ck!

Philadelphia

Yeah, I can see why you'd want to download an album you haven't heard - especially by a band you haven't heard (hell, it's how I first discovered most of the bands I listen to these days - including Frost*), but when it comes to putting up promos before the retail version is out it's no longer about wanting to hear something you've never heard before or sharing something you love with people who might never have heard it otherwise. When someone puts up a promo it's really just that they want to be the "glory" of being the first one to spread it.
If you're not entirely sure that you want a new album by a band you've already heard - fine, check it out before making the commitment to buy. However, there's no way you can trick me into believing that you're in *that* much of a hurry to hear an album you're not even sure you're going to want.

As for being a Frost*ie desperate to hear the album you've been waiting for and looked forward to hearing for a really long time - that's a whole different story. (;-)
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

MikeEvs

I heard frost* for the first time after a friend downloaded Milliontown and gave me a copy as he thought it was something I might like.  Of course I loved it so went out and bought the album :)

Melmo

As admitted before, I discovered Frosted Jems via a music blog, and bought the CD as I try to do with all the music I like.

I hate waiting, I am going to order the non special edition album on Friday when funds come in (as an ex student these are in short supply for the time being grrr!) but after reading this topic I curiously tried to track down the album. You'd be pleased (or mad? after past blogs on the issue of piracy) to know that it was quite difficult and I actually found it on only one site. Nada in Bittorrent (excluding tour CD, which I didn't download) - I don't use Limewire so can't tell you status of software like that.

I probably sound hypocritical but leaking/posting an album up is something I'd personally never do, despite believing piracy is over-emphasised by record companies and is actually good promotion. I have a promo copy of an album sent to me by another artist but I'd never ever dream of posting it. Maybe with the promo copies you could have created some kind of unique audio feature in a certain track which would identify the cheeky culprit.

So sorry about downloading... haven't actually listened yet as I do feel a tad guilty... but please, don't call it a lost sale because it flipping well isn't!

Melmo

Looks like someone's tracked down the offending blogger and had them remove it (or they've done it of their own accord).