Frost*Bites 16th December 2012

Started by Nellie, July 09, 2012, 07:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I have decided to wear a Tinyfish T - just to be awkward.  Not sure what time I will get there - have a Secret Santa meal thing at 12.
Ash
xxx

Pedro

Quote from: "Ash"have a Secret Santa meal thing at 12.
Does someone else order your meal for you? ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Againesis

Heading off in an hour! Forum tee firmly attached. Still have a spare ticket if anyone wants it for a small contribution - just PM me.
There are only 10 types of people]

catherine

L33VEY

Small change of plan.

Decided not to risk the London Sunday traffic, so leaving home at 5 and parking at Ebbsfleet before taking the High Speed to St Pancras in 18 minutes.

Forum t shirt is all ready..  Plus Frost* beanie for the queue... and Nellie's present from us all... and my ticket!
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age

catherine

If, as has happened at the last Frost*mas gigs, Jem should happen to lob items into the crowd such as Santa hats or masks, please could someone be a sweetie and grab one for me?

turbo

Jem and the boys done good really good.  :D
?"By the beard of Zeus"

Ash

they only lobbed a few crackers Catherine - though some lucky person got some drumsticks
Ash
xxx

Brom

Wow! that was something special! More tomorrah!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Pedro

Jem said the crowd was too big for him to buy hats/masks/whatever for this time.
It wasn't an intimate little gig.

catherine

Seems like everyone's been stunned into silence... Or hasn't woken up yet. What I've picked up from Twitter and FB is that Frost* were great but the venue wasn't. And 2 new songs were played.

Pedro

I'm afraid real life stands between me and posting much about it yet. The venue was not bad....just like the Peel...put too many people in and it's not good any more.

Brom

Quote from: "catherine"Seems like everyone's been stunned into silence... Or hasn't woken up yet. What I've picked up from Twitter and FB is that Frost* were great but the venue wasn't. And 2 new songs were played.

Sorry, Blame Monday morning on my part... Yawwwwn.

The bits I remembered, a walk on similar to Rosfest with mods, a "What Ho" then straight into a new song. Then Hyperventilate, another new song, BLM, some very funny band interplay involving a "Brummie" Speak and Spell, (hope Pedro's vid captured this!) That led into a sample triggered loop (did that morph into a new song?, don't recall) then Dear Dead Days, more band sillyness involving a drum "duel" with Blunders (who was on superb form) vs Jem on ironing board!Milliontown in full to finish. Sadly no encore.

From where we were, 2nd balcony opposite Blunders, the sound was excellent, balanced just right for most of it. JM's guitar cut through brilliantly, lost a little of the Keys at times, but then we were the wrong side of the stage, if that makes sense.

Glad we opted for doors rather than the pub, several Frosties in close proximity in the queue, but it looks like lots took ages to get in  and missed the opening of the set. Then they found themselves crammed at the back of staircases.

Great to meet up with L33Vey, Julie, LFE, Philly, Pedders, Ash, TA, Nells. Most of those were brief as my gig buddy shot out at the end before I got a chance to say hello post-gig.

Shame you missed it, it was a good'un.  :D  :D

Oh yes, IT Bites were there as well  :lol:
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

johninblack

"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "johninblack"Fab night. Some photos here.

Or not, as the case may be (the FB link is kaputt)  :(

Despite being one of the relatively late-comers from the pub, I managed to wiggle close to the front on the premise that I needed to give Pedro some money, and there I stayed. My goodness, he's a tall fellow. That said, he leant over the barrier and reduced his cross-section considerably, for which I'm thankful.

The relatively few pictures I managed / bothered to take from that vantage point will be posted anon. I wasn't terribly motivated to take many because (a) there was no chance to move around and change angle and (b) MikeEvs and others were in the mini-pit in front and will have done much, much better (it pains me greatly to admit  ;) ).

I will write more later: a good night out, albeit (for reasons I'll elaborate on later), not the greatest Frost* gig of my life, all things considered. (To be clear, the band played very, very well and the place was bouncing during the oldies-but-goodies, but there were other factors at work).

Oh well, just one picture of our little Green Goblin at work:

[attachment=0:2fjw1a5q]DSC_0745.jpg[/attachment:2fjw1a5q]