The View From The Cube Thread Thing (Oh, and Twitter Tawooo)

Started by DannySoisSage, February 12, 2009, 10:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mouse"I've never seen a badger before, not even in captivity. I remember staying up all through the night watching them on Springwatch Nightshift a few years ago though. (Yes, how sad am I?  :D )

In the Summer, I love going out on a night and watching the bats zoom around. Incredible animals.

Unlike Trapezium Artist however, I am yet to consider examining roadkill to try and figure out what's been lurking in the undergrowth...  :)

Still, there's a first time for everything!  ;)

Well, everyone's welcome to come down to Exeter and participate in our Spring Moon Watch astronomy observing session on April 1st: the badgers might come out to nibble people's ankles in the dark for trespassing on their part of the campus.

(Truth be told, they're pretty shy: I managed to get within about two metres of a pair of them one night by staying downwind of them before they spotted / smelled me and scarpered. Indeed, I was close enough to them, I was getting a little nervous they might bolt the wrong way and employ teeth to get past me  :shock: )

As for poking road kill with a stick, I half expect some of our more rurally-located American Frosties* to pitch in and say they'd take 'em home for dinner  :D

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Hmmm, maybe next time I'll have to stop the car and pick up the roadkill after all.
Let us know how you decide to cook it and what it tastes like. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :shock:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

All right; rural East Anglians then ...  :mrgreen:

johninblack

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Hmmm, maybe next time I'll have to stop the car and pick up the roadkill after all.
Let us know how you decide to cook it and what it tastes like. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :shock:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

All right; rural East Anglians then ...  :mrgreen:
I'm a city boy, me. :mrgreen:  Just about.....
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "johninblack"I'm a city boy, me. :mrgreen:  Just about.....

Norwich? A city? Yes, technically, just like Exeter is, but ...  :lol:

Never saw much road kill in Berlin when I lived there ... well, except corpses of those of my fellow cyclists who demonstrated an utter contempt for traffic lights and paid for it ...  :shock:

(I'm kidding, I never saw any of them run over; it was just wishful thinking on my part  :D )

rogerg

our cats just had a dead mink in the house.  we're not quite sure how it got inside....

Nellie

Let us know how you decide to cook it and what it tastes like. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I used to know a Greek Orthodox vicar (who was only one of those 3 I'm quite sure but he looked the part :) ) who used to quite deliberately stop for road kill, put it in the boot of his car, take it home and freeze it for later use. Eeeuw!
It's in the post!

Mouse

After a quick search for all you enthusiasts out there, here's a roadkill menu from America and an actual cafe from Australia.

Mmm...  :lol:

Yes, I am a Chocolate Hob Nob! I've actually got some of those - time to celebrate!  :mrgreen:

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mouse"After a quick search for all you enthusiasts out there, here's a roadkill menu from America and an actual cafe from Australia.

Actually, I've been forgetting the biggest piece of local road kill from last year, namely a wild boar just up the road on Woodbury Common.

Probably one of the ones released by activists from farms up on Exmoor and north of Dartmoor. Still, awful long way down to East Devon ...

johninblack

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Actually, I've been forgetting the biggest piece of local road kill from last year, namely a wild boar just up the road on Woodbury Common.
Ooooohhhhh! Wild bacon sarnies. I'm salivating!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Actually, I've been forgetting the biggest piece of local road kill from last year, namely a wild boar just up the road on Woodbury Common.
Ooooohhhhh! Wild bacon sarnies. I'm salivating!

I'd give you a call next time, John, but there are enough farmers with mucky 4x4s (as opposed to the millions of lawyers' wives with their pristine and utterly unnecessary 4x4s) in the area, that any squashed wild boar is likely to be spirited away to the freezer within minutes.

Best I can do for you probably is a flattened rabbit or two: what's your address?  :D

DannySoisSage

NEW FROST MUSIC

:D

http://twitter.com/tweetermass

Bloody awesome mate. I hope this means imminent Frost*iness!  :lol:

Mouse

It sounds mighty fine, as does the EIMA Instrumentals I've just got round to listening to. I'll just say this about them...

THUNDERFROG!!!!  :lol:

Fogeyspasm

My son kills himself laughing when he hears the instrumental version. At the CRS he said Jem should have included that section :D
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "Mouse"THUNDERFROG!!!!  :lol:

/me gobbed a mouthful of coffee on the floor...
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Mouse

It's amazing what you can find if you type 'Thunder frog' into Google Images, isn't it?  :D