Hallowe'enies

Started by Mouse, October 30, 2010, 04:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

Since the event of Hallowe'en is upon us, I was wondering what the good folk of the forum think are the best scary songs. I believe Gonzo's next Experiments show is Hallowe'en themed, so maybe we could just cheat and reference his setlist.  ;)

I was thinking of Frost*'s own Milliontown (coz it's about zombies, apparently) and Genesisisisisis's Home By The Sea (about a haunted house and rocks like a b*stard) and Supper's Ready (because it's just generally scary). If I ever get invited to a Hallowe'en fancy dress party (highly doubtful...), I'm going as Peter Gabriel in flower mode.  :D

Anyways, what do we all think?

rogerg

the beginning of ELO's Fire On High was always pretty creepy.

rogerg

ooh, thought of another one!  Lax'x by Rick Wakeman on White Rock.  very creepy.

MikeEvs

Testament - The Ritual is a more than a little creepy, the sinister laughs at the start set the tone

Ben Y-S

The only song that really creeps me out is Tool's Cesaro Summability, off Aenima. That track's just plain WEIRD.

Fogeyspasm

Most Maria Carey songs i find very creepy!
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

gr8gonzo

There's only so much you can glean from my playlist, as what I've posted is somewhat incomplete.

Of what I personally own, I don't really have anything any scarier than DT's Scenes From A Memory and Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime unless you count my unusually large collection of Rick Springfield CDs.  :shock:

Of what I've heard, I think H.I.M. and Marilyn Manson have some fairly creepy stuff, but for me, the scariest is Type O Negative because it's hard to tell if the lyrics are the product of a songwriter or the to-do list of a really awful party planner.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

ChrisX

Devil Doll's Dies Irae album has some really creepy bits in it and it is one of the best albums I have ever heard.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

E.S.

Frank Zappa's orchestral work should scare most people.  :mrgreen:

gav

On a similar note, has anyone realised that Saw and High School Musical are pretty much the same thing?
They just find more ways to torture people in a room...
Broadband! A whole 2.5MB of it!