Frost gigs June 2016!!!

Started by lyn, October 08, 2015, 02:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

Nath is clearly one of those people I deem 'slappably good' at a variety of instruments (as in give him a slap and tell him to stop showing off, but in a tongue in cheek, envious way).
Next album I forsee them all swapping instruments for a song and still being equally good (I know JM plays bass, Jem also plays guitar/chapman stick etc, and Blunders plays other instruments as well).
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Mordwin

Indeed, they are all horribly talented people... for which we are truely thaankful! :)

Mikey

Quote from: D S on June 21, 2016, 01:08:32 PM
Quote from: sawtooth on June 21, 2016, 10:54:16 AM
Also pretty special to see Nathan doing all the synth bass bits throughout on 'Raging' too on his little keyboard - including all the widdly pitch bend bits. I never realised he was such an accomplished keys player.
Indeed.  And he plays guitar in Level 42 - sheesh!  :o
I was talking to my brother about the gig & we got onto Level 42 & he said Mark King plays bass, I had to revert to Mr Wiki to prove myself wrong.
I used to have a signature

MikeEvs

Playing guitar and looking cool I give you Mr Nathan King on stage with Level 42 at Colston Hall Bristol 2010:

Nathan King by Mike Evans, on Flickr

johninblack

I think it might have been one of the interviews on the Rockfields DVD where Jem said they all regard Nathan as the true musician of the band, high praise indeed!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mikey

Quote from: Mikey on June 20, 2016, 08:56:07 PM
Quote from: D S on June 19, 2016, 03:46:12 PM
t because of the joy on the faces, especially Nathan on the 1st one.  :)

We were bang in front of Nathan at Wath and the joy was preceded by some serious gurning which made the smile even better
I got the impression that the gurning was in relation to Nathan thinking which hat wearing twat wrote this, and then the smile was....nailed it. Up yours Godfrey ;D ;D ;D

Nellie

16 tickets left for the last might of the tour in Cambridge. Get 'em while you can folks :-)
It's in the post!

johninblack

Quote from: Nellie on June 27, 2016, 12:14:40 PM
16 tickets left for the last might of the tour in Cambridge. Get 'em while you can folks :-)

Tickets brought, hotel booked, Bring it on!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

CompleteCycle

no towerblock  :'(

Quote from: owen on June 21, 2016, 12:07:05 AM
Given Name TESNI
USAGE: Welsh
Meaning & History
Means "warmth from the sun" in Welsh.

www.behindthename.com

What Jones means, I've no idea

PS setlists can be found here: http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=tour:%28Falling+Satellites+Tour%29&artist=5bd6b3e4

lyn

Quote from: CompleteCycle on July 06, 2016, 05:07:01 PM

no towerblock  :'(

I think they were knocking it down,  last anyone heard...
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com

Mikey

tigermoth

Yes the Synth playing from Mr King was pretty damn impressive. I must say, I had been wondering just how the heck he was going to do that on the bass guitar. :) It would be a cool experiment indeed if the guys swapped instruments for a track.  We kept joking about that in that band I was in recently, but we never tried it. :)

DueyC

In case anyone's missed it, the stage times for Ramblin Man on Saturday have been released.
Frost* are on from 2:15 to 2:55

Full details here: http://clashfinder.com/s/jakdoboi/
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

rogerg

Craig said on twitter that they get 30 minutes.... 

lyn

That's knocked the sunlight suite on the head then,  milliontown maybe,  then first day?
Frost*-Saline "these women are the best in rock" ref: you tube
aliensatemycrumpets...frost*, frost*, maximum*** frost*...
http://www.spindependence.com