Still plans for an EP/ '1976' release?

Started by Wickerman, October 18, 2009, 04:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jem

Quote from: "ich_bin_besser"Why are you moving, btw?

There are too many of us now in this little house on the hill. Plus I hardly ever have the need to go into London anymore so I'm not tied to the expensive South East. I've been able to buy the entire of Somerset and a sizeable chunk of Devon with the same money that one would spend on a small hole in the ground covered with a sheet of tarpaulin in Islington.

Jem

Quote from: "Drarok"Fingers crossed for Cube mk II Frost* Reports. :D

If it all actually happens (buying houses in the UK is a notoriously unreliable procedure), you have my word.  :D

keithd

Quote from: "Jem"

There are too many of us now in this little house on the hill. Plus I hardly ever have the need to go into London anymore so I'm not tied to the expensive South East. I've been able to buy the entire of Somerset and a sizeable chunk of Devon with the same money that one would spend on a small hole in the ground covered with a sheet of tarpaulin in Islington.

And you could have bought the whole of Wales for the same money too  :lol:
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Ecosse

Quote from: "keithd"

Not Scotland though (sheep are expensive don't you know!) :lol:
| Chris |
Twitter

Philadelphia

Quote from: "Ecosse"

But they have, like, 12 million of them in Wales - that must cost a lot! (:-P
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

keithd

Quote from: "Philadelphia"

Very true, more sheep than people  :D

Philadelphia

Indeed! When I was in Wales I was informed that it was 4 to 1! You'd better watch out if they ever rise against the humans...
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

keithd

Quote from: "Philadelphia"Indeed! When I was in Wales I was informed that it was 4 to 1! You'd better watch out if they ever rise against the humans...

We'll never go hungry, but there may not be enough mint sauce though  :)

Wickerman

Thanks for the update Jem - looking forward to it!

In the meantime, good luck with the move and the gigs!  Wish I was able to make it to one of them...

MarkOneMusic

Let me be the first to welcome you to deepest darkest North Somersetshire... Hope the move goes smoothly.  Not all of us wear smocks, go oooo arrrr a lot and drive tractors (well, not that we admit! ;) )

Jem

Why thank you! :D We still might not make it of course, but me and Mrs G are hoping with every fibre of our Godfrey beings that we will. It's a lovely part of the universe and no mistake guv'nor.

Jem

Quote from: "eponymous"I have so many sillyish questions...

Quote from: "eponymous"Is the old stone storehouse/shed in fact cubicle in nature?

It's more oblong-ish. It was 2 stables apparently. I'm most likely going to R.I.P. the Cube name and go with something new. The Shithouse perhaps... :lol:

Quote from: "eponymous"Are the phone boxes/Tardises (Tardi?) making the trip as well?

They are. The Police Box comes apart so it can go in one of the lorries. The phone box might be a bit more interesting. Carting a ton of iron 195 miles to the West will be logistically challenging. And most likely quite pricey...

Quote from: "eponymous"Will there be peacocks?

Definitely not. Thank God.  :D

Brom

Quote from: "Philadelphia"

Very true, more sheep than people  :D

Yes, why do you think I miss it so much!!
Did you know though that if you flattened out Wales it would be bigger than England.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

Mickdoo22

Good luck with the move Jem!  I know from experience it takes a lot to move like that, but even more to set up a new studio space that has the vibe and makes you want to create.  I am looking forward to seeing the new digs, and even more to hearing the new results!

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "Jem"It's more oblong-ish. It was 2 stables apparently. I'm most likely going to R.I.P. the Cube name and go with something new. The Shithouse perhaps... :lol:

Stables?  Oh, I can just hear the new music announcement now... "And now, straight from the horse's arse..."
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around