A rather fab and very unique competition - please read

Started by Blunders73, June 17, 2010, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"What does a frosterisk shaped cymbal sound like?
I know sabian do that octagonal one and those ones with them holes in (zildjian as well). Would it be a worthy addition to the kit?   :D
LOL Not if you hit the gaps between the "legs"!  :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

El_Mayonnaise

I'm sure craig could figure out some sort of method to avoid hitting those gaps  ;)

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "El_Mayonnaise"I'm sure craig could figure out some sort of method to avoid hitting those gaps  ;)

Frost*erisk-shaped sticks! Easy peasy.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

Bert

Quote from: "Pedro"Frost*icks?

Merch opportunity?

Frost*icks - Prog flavored Ice Lollies :)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Bert

Quote from: "Nellie"
Quote from: "Bert"What about a picture of a chicken with a Frost*erisk on it ? Or a Lego model of Frost* playing live ?

No ?

Didn't think so. Back to the drawing board ;)

I love your chicken :D

You're the first woman ever to say that to me  :D
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Bert

Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "Nellie"
Quote from: "Bert"What about a picture of a chicken with a Frost*erisk on it ? Or a Lego model of Frost* playing live ?
I love your chicken :D
And I love your Lego :D .

So when do we get to see these creations?

The Chicken is a work in progress. I'm a bit crap with photo editing - maybe I should ask Evs lol

Lego is on TwitPic I think. Courtesy of my son, who got so carried away with TPE he felt compelled to construct a Lego Frost*.

He has form for this type of thing - he did a lovely painting of Tinyfish* singing One Night on Fire.

He's growing up with all his cultural references provided by Prog bands... and Scooby Doo  :)

Of course, he now thinks Jem is the funniest man on the planet. Apart from his "Uncle" Carl.
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Blunders73

enthewhite

Still ends on the 9th, right?  You can count on an entry from me on the 8th!

Mooncat

QuoteWhat does a frosterisk shaped cymbal sound like?

Sabian also do the slightly amusingly named 'Chopper', which has more Frost*erisk about it.
Just don't blame me if the image results you get when you google 12" chopper are not of cymbals!!!!!!!

(Also Blunders is a Meinl endorsee so they probably wouldn't be too happy with him using them (and he has a similar stack cymbal thing that makes much the same noise)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

johninblack

"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Pedro

Closing date is July 9th, which I think means that you have until the end of tomorrow to get your entries in.

I had some (mad) ideas but just no time to try to get them to work.

One was a variation on the willow pattern with (probably rather obvious) adaptations :-

...another was to make each drum look like a biscuit tin (which would have been a bit daft) :-

...another was based on the Queen's "The Miracle" (with the connected faces) which looked downright scary (and suffered from a lack of suitably aligned good quality pictures) :-

...and the last was in recognition of the fact that there are 8 drums and (so far) 8 gigging members of Frost* (Jem, JM, JJ, TBE, DB, NK, NDV, & CB) so I thought each drum could be dedicated to a different band member.
So there'd be a background pattern (prolly based on the "Frost*" waveform and/or Frost*erisks), that band members face, a stylised representation of their main instrument (e.g. drumsticks, bass guitar strings, etc.) and their name plus, possibly their signature. Potential to look really good or really naff, dependent on imlementation....and that's where the wheels came off. Me and Photoshop are on civil terms but we don't really converse. I tried but all efforts came to nothing really. Doing all 8 would take forever....and for that reason....I'm out.

So, fingers crossed for the eventual winner whoever it is and thanks to Craig and Mapex for getting this in place.

enthewhite

Hey, that's a good idea, Pedro!  So is that 3 floor toms, 3 rack toms, one kick and one snare? For some reason I thought he had two snares...

Here is the first draft of my WIP:
[attachment=0:3byjiplk]002.jpg[/attachment:3byjiplk]