Main Menu

Shineback

Started by Mouse, December 02, 2012, 08:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouse

I stare into the Norse and the Norse stares into me?

Mouse

Quote from: Mikey on June 27, 2013, 06:34:25 PM
Note to self.
Buy it

You can still get the bonus download track if you order before Monday. It's only a bonus track because it didn't fit in with the album's storyline, but it's a top quality tune. It's also one of my favourites from the whole set. It won't be made available afterwards in any way, so this is your only chance to get it.

owen

Not sure if it's a good idea or not that I don't post on the Fishtank. Anyway...

This is way out of my comfort zone, but (or possibly as a result of which) I find it a lot more rewarding than what I've heard of Tinyfish (and I really liked The Big Red Spark). There seems an awful lot going on and I guess it will keep on growing on me. Really really good. Thank you Mouse, well spammed. And well produced, obviously! And I prefer the"I have good days" ending

Mooncat

Being a bit thick here (which isn't unusual - I ordered the album twice in a merlot-induced bout of amnesia) but has the download already been sent out?? Can't seem to find it anywhere on my messy PC   :'(

Update - scratch that, I've just been over to Nellie's splendourous emporium of Prog and found the details!!!!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Mouse

The response to Shineback has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm so glad that everyone's enjoying it so much!  :)

Quote from: owen on July 02, 2013, 01:28:16 PM
Not sure if it's a good idea or not that I don't post on the Fishtank. Anyway...

Hahahaha! I couldn't possibly comment...  ;)

Quote from: owen on July 02, 2013, 01:28:16 PM
And I prefer the"I have good days" ending

I Have Good Days... is one of my favourite Shineback tunes, but I prefer the Myowndreamland ending in relation to the story. Thanks to the wonders of digital music, you can always swap in the ending you fancy.  8)

Thanks again, folks! The Shineback website is now up and running in all it's glory, so swing by and have a gander. The story's up there if anyone fancies making some sort of sense (I use that word very loosely) of what's going on in the music! www.shineback.org

PhilHarmonic

Further to my other post about a certain impending gig (see elsewhere...up above).......
Cripes!!!  Have been listening to 'Rise Up Forgotten, Return Destroyed' for two days now!!!  It's amazing/brilliant/fantastic along with a few other similar adjectives!
If those Godfrey boys have got themselves into some sibling competition, I for one (but, also, there are hundreds of others of you out there in chilly land) can't wait to hear the new Frost* material.  I am sure they haven't but it is very plausible to misguidedly think so (in case my fantasies are misplaced).
Nonetheless, I am so intrigued as to how the 'Shineback' album will be presented at The Peel gig in August.  As should you all be!!!  Get a ticket guys......it's going to be something special.

BTW (and as a complete aside) - I recently met both Nathan and Craig at a local charity gig - they were 'stand-ins' for musos who had to drop out at the last minute!!  Great performances (as you may imagine) and what lovely chaps they are who were prepared to chat to an old duffer like me especially as the hour was very, very late and they both had extremely long drives home. Many thanks to both of you (and apologies for the negative comments regarding the last Christmas gig - music was marvellous - just couldn't cope with the crush, being a small person with another small person in tow and getting stuck behind slightly taller persons.  All been said before and came out in a bluuuurgghhh!! Still, thanks for the evening (then and recently) - very memorable on both occasions.
Oops!  That ended up being a bit of a mash up..... - so, cherry pick the bits you are interested in!!
PW
I play the right notes but not necessarily in the correct order