Frost*ies

Frost* => Toys => Topic started by: TimSE on December 28, 2008, 05:47:01 AM

Title: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: TimSE on December 28, 2008, 05:47:01 AM
So iv started figuring out them expensive chords ffor the Secret Song.
the 2 relentless guitar notes are simple E and B. And the drums are doing what they do.

The first 9 piano notes:
E F# G# E D# G# D# C# G#

Verse: (Im not great at chord names so sorry if they are wrong) numbers = octave
Eadd9 : E0-E1-F#2-G#2-B2
Amaj7add9 : A0-A1-E2-G#2-B2
C#m7 : C#0-C#1-E2-G#2-B2
Amaj7add9 : A0-A1-E2-G#2-B2

Thats as far as iv got. Sorry that there isnt much but its a start. Hopfully someone with a better ear than me might be able to expand on this :)
Cheers guys
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: TimSE on December 28, 2008, 06:10:44 AM
Prob wrong but i think this could be the next lil buildy upy part:

"i'l be fine. Dont worry"
F#m7 : F#0-F#1-E2-G#2-B2
G#mSomething : G#0-G#1-E2-G#2-B2
Gmaj7 : G0-G1-E2-F#2-B2
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Sean on December 31, 2008, 08:36:11 PM
Neat, I haven't had the time to do anything like this, but I'm glad someone has taken interest in transcribing the secret song!
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: catherine on December 31, 2008, 08:59:07 PM
Some of those chords look quite expensive.  :shock:
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: MikeEvs on December 31, 2008, 10:30:33 PM
I'm dying to play this but I can't afford those chords does someone know where I could download those for free :?:
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: johninblack on December 31, 2008, 10:33:20 PM
Quote from: "MikeEvs"
I'm dying to play this but I can't afford those chords does someone know where I could download those for free :?:
You could try Kev's discount chord warehouse I'm told he is fairly reasonable :roll: .
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: tomskerous on January 01, 2009, 02:22:09 PM
Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "MikeEvs"
I'm dying to play this but I can't afford those chords does someone know where I could download those for free :?:
You could try Kev's discount chord warehouse I'm told he is fairly reasonable :roll: .
You want to watch out for Kev though - I've had to take some of his chords back when the 9ths went flat.
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Gandalf1986 on January 01, 2009, 02:56:30 PM
Quote from: "catherine"
Some of those chords look quite expensive.  :shock:

Jem borrowed them from Steve... ;)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: TimSE on January 01, 2009, 04:00:58 PM
theyr too expensive for my ears thats for sure
could only just afford the first few and im sure i didnt have the exact change ;)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: TonyB on January 01, 2009, 07:40:45 PM
Quote from: "tomskerous"
You want to watch out for Kev though - I've had to take some of his chords back when the 9ths went flat.

Hats off to you for that one :)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Pedro on January 01, 2009, 11:01:28 PM
Quote from: "TonyB"
Quote from: "tomskerous"
You want to watch out for Kev though - I've had to take some of his chords back when the 9ths went flat.

Hats off to you for that one :)
Flat capos or sharp trilled Bs?
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Mikey on January 03, 2009, 10:18:31 AM
Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "TonyB"
Quote from: "tomskerous"
You want to watch out for Kev though - I've had to take some of his chords back when the 9ths went flat.

Hats off to you for that one :)
Flat capos or sharp trilled Bs?
Ouch
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Villuccikeys on January 05, 2011, 11:01:22 PM
Quote from: "TimSE"
So iv started figuring out them expensive chords ffor the Secret Song.
the 2 relentless guitar notes are simple E and B. And the drums are doing what they do.

The first 9 piano notes:
E F# G# E D# G# D# C# G#

Verse: (Im not great at chord names so sorry if they are wrong) numbers = octave
Eadd9 : E0-E1-F#2-G#2-B2
Amaj7add9 : A0-A1-E2-G#2-B2
C#m7 : C#0-C#1-E2-G#2-B2
"Amaj7add9 : A0-A1-E2-G#2-B2"

Thats as far as iv got. Sorry that there isnt much but its a start. Hopfully someone with a better ear than me might be able to expand on this :)
Cheers guys

I believe the chord i put in quotations is wrong.  
Isn't it...

Amajadd9 : A0-A1-C#2-E2-B3?

I might be hearing it wrong.  But, what's listed isn't right either.  But well done! I love this song :)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Mouse on January 06, 2011, 05:32:14 PM
Thanks for bringing the thread back up, Villuccikeys. I've been wanting to know these chords for ages and now I have them.  :D
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Villuccikeys on January 06, 2011, 08:37:38 PM
Quote from: "Mouse"
Thanks for bringing the thread back up, Villuccikeys. I've been wanting to know these chords for ages and now I have them.  :D

I've been working on the song.  I think I might have most of the chords figured out.  I'll record an instrumental version of it when I finish and I'll also post the chords.
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Villuccikeys on January 06, 2011, 08:57:45 PM
Quote from: "TimSE"
Prob wrong but i think this could be the next lil buildy upy part:

"i'l be fine. Dont worry"
F#m7 : F#0-F#1-E2-G#2-B2
G#mSomething : G#0-G#1-E2-G#2-B2
Gmaj7 : G0-G1-E2-F#2-B2


I think I figured out the first two of these...

For the first chord...
I think it's F#maj7

F#2-A2-C#2-E2

The second chord... G#majsomething.

I'm pretty sure it's... G#2-B2-E2-B3

I'm not sure what to call that.  I'm terrible with my chord terminology.  

Anywho.  I think that's a step in the right direction.  Anyone wanna put their foot forward and correct my mistakes?  We'll have this song charted yet!
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Villuccikeys on January 07, 2011, 04:50:58 AM
Ok guys.  Here's a rough draft of the whole song.  I cheated a few times and I only had my own voice to sing.  So.... forgive me.  

http://soundcloud.com/villuccikeys/the- ... rost-cover (http://soundcloud.com/villuccikeys/the-secret-song-frost-cover)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Pedro on January 07, 2011, 06:55:33 AM
Haven't been able to listen properly yet but caught the first half via the built-in speaker of my iPod and it sounded pretty close - it's a gorgeous song. I'll listen properly tonight but kudos for putting your voice to it - I can't imagine doing that kind of thing with my own voice without multi-effects, heavy vocoding and a large dollop of V-Vocal tweakage! :)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Villuccikeys on January 07, 2011, 07:25:28 AM
Quote from: "Pedro"
Haven't been able to listen properly yet but caught the first half via the built-in speaker of my iPod and it sounded pretty close - it's a gorgeous song. I'll listen properly tonight but kudos for putting your voice to it - I can't imagine doing that kind of thing with my own voice without multi-effects, heavy vocoding and a large dollop of V-Vocal tweakage! :)

lol, well after a million listens to it - my own voice has gotten on my nerves.  I'm not a singer.  That's just a fact.  My voice is abrasive as all living hell.  But, it's one of those songs that I just feel so passionate about, that I couldn't help but sing it.  So, even if I sound like shit and everyone hates me.  I don't care.

(http://http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/jvjabberwock/1274413333782.jpg)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Pedro on January 07, 2011, 12:19:10 PM
:) Quite right.
(but there'll be no hating here)
I'd be interested to see what could be done with the vocal - I've never really done much with V-Vocal in Sonar.
Would you be prepared to send a separate mp3 file of just the vox that I could tinker with?
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Villuccikeys on January 07, 2011, 04:30:22 PM
Quote from: "Pedro"
:) Quite right.
(but there'll be no hating here)
I'd be interested to see what could be done with the vocal - I've never really done much with V-Vocal in Sonar.
Would you be prepared to send a separate mp3 file of just the vox that I could tinker with?

Sure man.  Anything to make my voice pretty.  Where could I send it to?
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Drarok on January 08, 2011, 03:00:36 AM
http://drarok.com/frost (http://drarok.com/frost) if you grant permission)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Villuccikeys on January 08, 2011, 06:32:36 AM
Quote from: "Drarok"
frostsecretsong@catchall.drarok.com, perhaps? ;)

(I promise it's a real email address. And will only post it on http://drarok.com/frost (http://drarok.com/frost) if you grant permission)

I'd be honored. :D

And thank you so much for the link to that BLM solo midi ;)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Pedro on January 08, 2011, 08:02:13 AM
Got the file Villuccikeys, thanks.
I'll get back to you as soon as my parental chauffeur duties allow... :)
Title: Re: "Secret Song" Score/tab... sorta
Post by: Villuccikeys on January 08, 2011, 08:07:18 AM
Awesome.  Can't wait to hear what you do to them.  Anything will sound better than what I've got going on right now ;)