Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - mark_kennedy

#1
Gigs / Re: Glastonbury 2010
June 29, 2010, 06:07:09 PM
Orbital & Matt Smith (bloody brilliant !)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_R5UJG ... _embedded#!
#2
Frost* / Re: Countdown To TPE!
June 02, 2010, 09:15:52 AM
Me too ;-)

Same thing happened with marillionrochester, all the disc 2's had to go back to have the artwork reprinted on them and you can still see the original artwork underneath if you look closely trivia fans ;-)
#3
Was very good, apart from the theme music which now sounds like an out-take from the Sarah Jane Adventures.

 :evil:
#4
Tried amazon.co.uk ?
#5
Sorry Mods,

Had no idea they were trying to keep it quiet.....sorry for any trouble caused.
#6
Other Bands / It Bites Calling All The Heroes 2010 Vid
February 23, 2010, 11:33:50 AM
Seems to be online courtesy of EMI but only if you're in the UK :

Moderator intervention: As far as I am aware, IB are asking other forums not to spread this link yet. EMI jumped the gun a bit. I've snipped it out for now but I fear it is becoming a losing battle.

Am loving it, very nicely done.
#7
Other Bands / Re: Pallas & Alan Reed
January 29, 2010, 08:11:34 AM
According to Alan via Facebook, they've been working with a new singer for some time - it's someone new though and not Euan.

I wrote this on Alan's FB wall (before Graeme and his divorce analogy I hasten to add)

"Sorry to hear the news, had a nasty feeling this was what you alluded to earlier. Feels a bit like my parents are getting divorced or something !

ALL you guys have been a big part of my life for the past 24 years or so, from the first time I saw you supporting UFO at The Capitol, through to that amazing 45 minute set at Progeny and beyond. When things were shitty I knew I could always slap on one of your records and it would make things a little better and am just honestly sad that you couldn't somehow sort things out. Thanks for your kindness and time whenever our paths have crossed in the past, as a few people have said, doubt it will be long before you're involved with something else if that's what you decide to do. Am sure I'll see you at some point as I'll be supporting anything you do anyway.

All the best. Will shut up now..."
#8
Announcements / Re: CRS Awards Results
January 17, 2010, 08:00:31 PM
Quote from: "D S"(PS - when was the last time JJ and Christina didn't win their respective categories?!)

IIRC, Graeme Murray of Pallas won it the year The Cross & The Crucible was released.
#9
Other Bands / Re: Francis Dunnery - Whole New World
January 12, 2010, 01:26:55 PM
Love it, esp. his takes on Love Will Tear Us Apart and Still Life In Mobile Homes...
#10
Any Other Business / Re: Avatar (Incl. Some Spoilers)
January 12, 2010, 01:20:35 PM
It's not a proper James Cameron film.




Bill Paxton isn't in it. :-)

"Game over man, game over"
#11
Any Other Business / Re: Rage Against the X Factor
December 21, 2009, 08:19:03 AM
Sony must be laughing all the way to the bank ;-)

For my part, I just get annoyed at all this looking down your nose, mass produced pap, not real music accusations that get bandied about, think it's hugely unfair to the producers, writers, behind the scenes musicians etc, that put this stuff together.

Plus I *like* cheesy pop, give me Girls Aloud over bloody Transatlantic (for instance) any day.
#12
Any Other Business / Re: Rage Against the X Factor
December 18, 2009, 10:36:39 AM
<stands up>

My name is Mark and I downloaded Joe's single.

<sits down>
#13
Frost* / Re: Frost* Beer?
December 17, 2009, 08:56:50 PM
I found the Punk IPA in a beer shop in Leiden of all places, was very nice. Weird as the brewery was just up the road from where I used to live and I'd never heard of it.

What I must do is try and get hold of some Norwegian Frost, haven't had a bottle for ages. Every time I try to do a search for it online I get loads of hits for some death metal band ;-)

Yay - found it :

#14
Other Bands / Re: Marillion Weekend in Montreal
April 14, 2009, 09:55:50 AM
I was there and I did see someone in a Frost* shirt ;-)
#15
Other Bands / Re: Marillion tour 2008
February 20, 2009, 02:56:58 PM
Am sure you're all sick of the sight of mine by now, so here's just one :-)