Main Menu

Song Meanings?

Started by Drarok, January 25, 2009, 01:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Ripper

Only in this forum can we go from talking deep about the meaning of songs to the broken-ness of ones avatar without someone being ban-hammered.  :lol:  :lol:
whut

johninblack

Quote from: "Dr.Ripper"Only in this forum can we go from talking deep about the meaning of songs to the broken-ness of ones avatar without someone being ban-hammered.  :lol:  :lol:
Bugger that.

Did you know that.....

Supplementary eye fields (SEF) are areas on the dorsal-medial surface of frontal lobe of the primate brain that are involved in planning and control of saccadic eye movements. The SEF was first characterized by John Schlag and colleagues as an area where low intensity electrical stimulation can evoke saccades, similar to the more lateral frontal eye fields[1]. More recently it was shown that SEF stimulation produces coordinated gaze movements of both the eyes and head [2]. Neural recordings in the SEF show signals related to both vision and saccades somewhat like the frontal eye fields and superior colliculus, but currently most investigators think that the SEF has a special role in high level aspects of saccade control, like complex spatial transformations[3], learned transformations [4], and executive cognitive functions[5].
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Drarok

Well, that may well be true, but Iyers are a subset of South Indian Brahmins and generally speak Tamil. Such weddings are known as kalyaanam or thirumanam in Tamil.
Iyer weddings, like other Hindu weddings, typically last about 2-3 days where it once used to last 7 days. While the main bulk of organizing a wedding falls on the bride's family's shoulders, the groom's side plays a significant role in the organization as well. It is a joyous celebration consisting of age-old traditions and religious rites admixed with lots of singing, dancing and fun-filled processions that typify the vibrant Indian culture.

D S

Quite.  But did you know the scone is a small British quickbread of Scottish origin? Scones are especially popular in the United Kingdom, but are eaten in many other countries. They are usually made of wheat, barley or oatmeal, with baking powder as a leavening agent. The scone is a basic component of the cream tea or Devonshire tea.

The pronunciation of the word across the United Kingdom varies. According to one academic study, nearly two thirds of the British population and 99% of the Scottish population pronounce it as /sk?n/, to rhyme with "con" and "John." The rest pronounce it /sk??n/, to rhyme with "cone" and "Joan." British dictionaries usually show the "con" form as the preferred pronunciation, while recognizing that the "cone" form also exists.
Come on, you\'re a lion!

johninblack

However, The Church of St Nicholas in Great Yarmouth, which is the largest parish church in England by floor surface area, was founded in by Herbert de Losinga, the first bishop of Norwich, and consecrated in 1119. It is cruciform, with a central tower, which perhaps preserves a part of the original structure, but by successive alterations the form of the church has been completely changed. The width of the nave is 26 ft, and the total length of the church is 236 ft. The church is the parish church of Great Yarmouth.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

My Dad used to run a pub in Great Yarmouth, The White Lion. It was completely destroyed by the enemy in both World Wars and rebuilt to the exact original specifications each time. He then moved to a pub in Hoxne, Norwich called The Swan. A few years ago he had a mild heart attack, which put an end to the pub buisness for him. He know works on a free range chicken farm and has never been more relaxed.

I like cake.  8-)

rogerg

Pedro

Quote from: "rogerg"turkeys have wattles.
Yeah but they were too dim to combine it with daub....could this be why Thanksgiving worked out the way it did for them?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

johninblack

Quote from: "Pedro"
Quote from: "rogerg"turkeys have wattles.
Yeah but they were too dim to combine it with daub....could this be why Thanksgiving worked out the way it did for them?
And to think how different the iron age would have been if the turkeys had made the roundhouses.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

tomskerous

It was the cavaliers that did that.
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

MadeOutOfCats

As a result of their affection for Oliver Twist.

Pedro

I think Jackie Chan got a kick out of roundhouses....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

manoncharles

Quote from: Jem on January 27, 2009, 12:10:11 PM
They're all mainly about sex.

or cheese.

Quote from: Jem on January 27, 2009, 12:10:49 PM
Apart from Pocket Sun which is about sex AND cheese.

Delighted ( ;D ) to hear all the songs are partly French.
A fairytale in negative

D S

Wow - you really are going through some seriously old threads, Manoncharles! Last post on this one was exactly 7 years ago. :o Still, nice to see some of these again.  I'd almost forgotten how regularly the Boss used to post on here.  He still pops in once in a while - hopefully more so in the run up to Falling Satellites being released...  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

manoncharles

I almost answered "lmao" to a post in an even older thread but stopped myself.
Laughing at very old jokes.

I found a message saying "oh god, Jem hasn't posted here or on Twitter in FOUR DAYS, is he still alive ?", and yep sadly it reminds us he seems to be less regularly online now  :-\
A fairytale in negative