Little Big PlanetFrost* (2nd test video added)

Started by Pedro, November 09, 2008, 09:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecky p

But there\'s nothing more to say

Philadelphia

I love the air guitars during the solo! What an incredible video! (:-D
"One man\'s Drum Machine is another man\'s Mellotron"
- Pedro

Mikey

Nice one Pedders only just had chance to watch it
I used to have a signature

kaide

It was alright, i was hoping to see some more action  ;)
still good job!

catherine

My sons are now trying to persuade me to get a PS3...

Pedro

Ok, that particular "cat" is out of the bag then.  :)
I was planning on bouncing it off the lion king himself before posting about it but, as you might imagine, he is insanely busy round about now! ;)

That second video was really just to test one of my concepts for a "live" segment if a video was ever done for Toys....or any other track for that matter.

It only took about 6.5 hours to rig it all up, build everything you see there (from scratch), import the images/logos etc. Some of the cardboard isn't even painted yet.... :roll:
I then grabbed the first bit of music to hand and improvised the action in one single take....none of that was really planned or scripted except the camera angles for the "big reveal" of the stage.
So that was the product of an all-nighter :shock: (please add matchsticks to that smilie!)....if the piece lacks sub-plot and character development I can only fire the team of writers!

Sorry there wasn't much action in it. I have *loads* of ideas (too many, really) and I haven't even tried using any of the dozens of contraptions, switches, motors, explosives, electrified items, etc. yet. :twisted:
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

kaide

"I haven't even tried using any of the dozens of contraptions, switches, motors, explosives, electrified items, etc. yet. :twisted:"

Holy shit, im really looking forward :mrgreen:

Pedro

Quote from: "eponymous"
Quote from: "Pedro"Ok, that particular "cat" is out of the bag then.  :)
Sorry! :oops:   I subscribe to your YouTube stuff so I saw it early this morning! :D
Hey, no worries Epo, mate.  :D
I've been kind of bursting to tell about it all day and I did think it might leak out (as it were!).

I'm going to try to keep on with it as a project but there are a couple of hard facts to face, I think....

1) Sony will very probably never sanction "official" use of the game for promotion of non-Sony artists (I haven't even bothered to look into it), and....
2) I wouldn't mind betting that one or more of the mainstream acts will be in the process of getting official support to use the game for a video. With the right know-how, the little sackboy characters could be dressed to look like the band members and carry the right type of guitar, etc....  Consider the Rush concert projections that used South Park, and so on. It would be so easy to do a Three Stooges style routine, for example.

Still, it's a bit of fun....  ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"