My mini midi setup

Started by Bokkie, October 24, 2009, 09:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokkie

Hey you guy's,  i got me a new m-audio axiom 25 and with that my mini midi setup is complete.
I'm one happy geezer :P
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

SerFox

I'm more intrigued as to how you got mac os x running on a non apple branded netbook..

Bokkie

Quote from: "SerFox"I'm more intrigued as to how you got mac os x running on a non apple branded netbook..

Well....it's called 0SX86. It's dual booting with UBUNTU at the moment and it's working fine.

EVP

Nice setup! I too have an Axiom 25. It doesn't get too much use as I also have an Axiom 61 now
but there's no way in hell I'd ever get rid of my 25.  It's gonna stay on board just in case I need
to bring something on the go with me.

I also have the Korg Nano Pad and Kontrol on aboard now as well. I may just go ahead
and get the nano key while I'm at it.

How's Logic running on the netbook?

Bokkie

Quote from: "EVP"Nice setup! I too have an Axiom 25. It doesn't get too much use as I also have an Axiom 61 now
but there's no way in hell I'd ever get rid of my 25.  It's gonna stay on board just in case I need
to bring something on the go with me.

I also have the Korg Nano Pad and Kontrol on aboard now as well. I may just go ahead
and get the nano key while I'm at it.

How's Logic running on the netbook?

I have considered the Korg nano, but because i have very little keyboard playing experience, the Axiom 25  seemed like a better choice.

My netbook is running osx86, it's a so called hackingtosh and logic is running on it.

Drarok

Hackintosh. :)

Is there only a few specific machines it'll run on? Quite tempted to try it in a Virtual Machine at work for testing purposes.

I have 3 Macs at home, but none at work. :(

Bokkie

Quote from: "Drarok"Hackintosh. :)

Is there only a few specific machines it'll run on? Quite tempted to try it in a Virtual Machine at work for testing purposes.

I have 3 Macs at home, but none at work. :(

It's not running as a virtual machine like the way window's is running in osx. It's a booting os. And you have to see it as a experiment cause some things won't work, or work badly. It depends on the hardware. So the real important stuff i do on my G5. And the rest is pure fun.
Guides:
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... ion_Guides

Hardware compatibility:
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

RWA

Geezer! ;)

Very nice set up. Looks like a lot of fun.  :D

Bokkie

Indeed, i stretch myself on the couch, keyboard on my lap, computer on the back and a red wine in my left hand. And after an evening of several serious attempts of making music and the wine bottle half empty, i realize that i should have sticked with drumming.
But ohh well... it is fun indeed. :)

catherine

I think I can see where you're going wrong, Bokkie. You still have half a bottle of wine left at the end of the evening? There's your error.

johninblack

Quote from: "catherine"I think I can see where you're going wrong, Bokkie. You still have half a bottle of wine left at the end of the evening? There's your error.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Bokkie

Quote from: "catherine"I think I can see where you're going wrong, Bokkie. You still have half a bottle of wine left at the end of the evening? There's your error.

lol :lol:  :lol:

Your so right...