New Roland swag at Namm

Started by Blunders73, January 14, 2011, 10:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blunders73

morn, herewith all the new gear launched at Namm show yesterday

drool....

http://www.rolandconnect.com/

D S

Hmm...  (mentally adds new Roland GR-55 guitar synth to GAS list  ;) )
Come on, you\'re a lion!

catherine

Pedro

It's a Syndrome to do with the Acquisition of Gear but I don't know what the letters stand for.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RWA

Yah! More ugly 'toy looking' black 'n white synths from Roland!  :mrgreen:

ps: they all sound mighty fine but are they ugly or what?!  :shock:

Mouse

The Gaia does look like it should be accompanied by Peter Davison and a Cyberman, but I like it. And even though I'm in an anti-keyboard phase at the mo, I would kill to get my hands on the new Atelier organ...

MarkOneMusic

From a key-botherer perspective roland's NAMM seems a bit underwhelming.

V-Grand: V-Piano in a swanky box

RD300NX: Stripped down RD700NX

ATELIER Combo AT-350C: 2 manual V-Combo VR700 - actually this is probably the most interesting of the bunch as it has the VK-8 tonewheel engine and integrates some of the SuperNatural sounds.  Interesting (and a little odd) that it's come out under the Atelier sub-brand associated with their home organ products

The GAIA SH-01 and the AX-Synth are cool products (and the GAIA has some really cool sounds) but they've been out a while now.

As Jem said, the Fantom is probably due for replacement next year, and it will be interesting to see what they do in the light of Kronos.  I'm pretty certain they have abandoned Fantom G software development - there hasn't been an upgrade since early 2010 and rumours of a V2.0 software update have remained just that. Rumours. The planned ARX boards being discussed about a year ago on some of the forums have also never appeared.  For all that though, the G7 is still the most awesome board I've ever owned!

Yamahaforums

I must be weird cos I kinda like the white candy box look  8-) but then I have a white Fantom G so I HAVE to like it :)

Roland are a bit slow out of the old gate with anything new on the synth front and there goes Korg galloping off into the distance with the Kronos. Not sure what Roland can do. I like the Fantom G though, perhaps a new version with a touch screen and a return to more sensible expansion options ?