Frost* Christmas 2011 AGM - The Peel, Kingston. 16th Dec

Started by JakeWorrell, August 12, 2011, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeWorrell

Confirmed here: //http://jemgodfrey.blogspot.com/2011/08/summers-end.html

QuoteJust giving my stunt liver a rinse in readiness for seeing @LordConnaught tonight. We've decided it might be nice to do a gig sometime...

Looks like the long awaited Godfrey and Mitchell experimental baroque rave is on! Probably not Frost* related.
"The longer the note, the more dread."

Pedro

Yes, but as I asked (without answer) does that mean "do a gig" as in "let's do lunch"...or "do a gig" as in "let's put on a concert"?

Keen for both to happen but moreso the latter...shouldn't read too much into it, though. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

RacingHippo

Or maybe he mis-spelled it and meant "jig".
I suspect, from previous reports of when the two of them get together of an evening, that's not unlikely.
* May contain nuts.

JakeWorrell

I've never been to an esoteric evening.. so that would be quite cool. We could Jig while we're there.

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

DwDunphy

Was there ever allusion to negative vibes between them when Frost dissolved? I don't recall anything on that order (although the stuff that seemed to go down between Andy and Jowett, Nathan King, Alex Thomas then Craig Blundell seemed extremely chaotic and unnerving). I'm not looking to dig dirt or dish, but it just seemed like there was a lot of interpersonal fracturing behind the scenes. Through it all it seemed Jem and Mitchell were holding firm, then Frost was done with.

This has been in mind for awhile since Jem hasn't updated his blog for more than a month now, and his silences get worrisome after some time.

Anthony

Keep us in the loop should anything transpire. I could use another Esoteric Evening bill poster in my studio.....
No More 4/4

Pedro

It's only right that stuff that goes on between people remains their business really so there'll always be room for speculation, sadly. As far as I know there's not been any major fall-outs and while Frost* may have appeared to have a revolving door sometimes it was largely setup that way from the start. Jem stated a desire to keep things fluid from the off and it has certainly been that!
The important thing to keep hammering is that Frost* is only a hobby project so it has probably cost Jem more than it's made, and it HAS had to take its place in life's pecking order...which is where it currently is.
Who knows maybe someday there'll be a book! ;)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

Jem still fires tweets of the usual flavour at Mitchell and Blunders, and I can't imagine any way in which a fall out with TBE or JJ would be possible. They're all just too nice people!  ;)

JakeWorrell

I got absolutely no hint towards any negative vibes between them all. On the contrary in fact, it seemed like the new line-up were just starting to really get a good chemistry going. Unfortunately it takes a lot more than just that to keep a band going.

Dave M

Blunders has let slip on Facebook that he's busy learning prog tracks for an un-named event ....

As for falling out .... I never got any suggestion of any falling out.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Dave M

... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

JakeWorrell

That's the best news I've heard all year. Maybe this is all some crazy dream

D S

Well, it's certainly brought a smile to my face! Wild horses won't keep me away from that gig, wherever and whenever it is.  8-)
(Details on the View From the Cube page, in case you're wondering - like I did initially!)
Come on, you\'re a lion!