Main Menu

Shame!

Started by mr_john, January 23, 2012, 04:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

:D Word!
Never a dull moment....
Exciting news about you Festering with Losers....wonder if we'll be able to get to any of that?
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Jem

I think the new Losers record is going to appeal to more than a few Frosties. They've totally changed from the first album, this is very dark and dramatic and atmospheric,very heavy in places too, but underpinned with great melody and *ahem* great production.  :lol:

If I'd decided to make son-of-EIMA with the new album, "So We Shall Never Part" is pretty much how it would have sounded. :D

E.S.

Wow! And I was already excited, now I really can't wait.  :D

Mikey

Quote from: "E.S."
Quote from: "Jem"in 2012, I'd much rather be making Frost 3 frankly.
That's what we want to hear. A bit more interesting than a Internet thingy.  :D
Absolutely  :D
I used to have a signature

keithd

I used to wonder what all the fuss was about with Twitter. Couldn't really see the point in it, but since I "signed up" I've found it useful to keep uptodate with news. Yes, a lot of it is trivial, but also some posts are really interesting & informative. I'm not a habitual poster myself, after all, aren't accountants supposed to be boring? So, it's a shame Jem's deleted his account, I used to enjoy the banter between Jem, John & Craig.
My Hovercraft is full of eels

Kevsource

Inspired by Jem's blog, I also blew out my Twitter account.  Now, I did create a new one but with a "no tweet" policy going forward.  For me, Twitter's real value is in the immediacy of news/information, but verbalizing most every thought (as I was doing) doesn't do myself or anyone else much good.

Next up - Facebook.  I'm keeping my account active for now, but if their My Space-ish timeline feature gets forced on me, I'm gone.

Cheers and on Frost*!

--Kev

MikeEvs

Foe me twitter has been really useful to connect with people in the MotoGP and World Superbike world.

I got my job photographing MotoGP&WSBK by my previous photos taken as a fan being seen by someone who follows me on twitter who was getting involved with an existing website that was looking to cover Motorcycle racing.

If it wasn't for twitter I'd have been sat around the accreditation centre in Brno (Czech Republic) waiting for a costly taxi to take me to the circuit, but thanks to twitter a Polish MotoGP tv Presenter recognised me and offered me a lift.

If it wasn't for twitter I wouldn't know Alex Briggs, Valentino Rossi's mechanic who know greets me as friend at every GP I go to, or I wouldn't have had Suzi Perry turn round in the Silverstone Media centre and say "sorry Mike is this your chair".

I could go on with all the useful contacts I've made through twitter but I'll leave it there :)

LivingForever

I find that Twitter is good entertainment, nothing more, nothing less.

No I don't *need* to know what my favourite band thought of last night's gig but sometimes they tell me in an amusing way and that's fun to read.

And then there are numerous comedians, authors, journalists, whose words I enjoy reading in little bites, sometimes inspiring me to check out something more of theirs. It's also ace for making sure I don't miss any new albums / gigs / movies / TV shows I would enjoy...

It's also one of my main sources of news and current affairs, rightly or wrongly - usually the first I hear about something major is via BBC's breaking news feed (or someone starting up with the tasteless jokes before they can even get to it!). I'm much better informed about news than I ever was pre-twitter.

And in fact, now I come to think of it, there are a number of work-related accounts I follow which all race to outdo themselves by being the first to tweet new legislation / guidance updates, which means I stay on top of those as well.

Yes, sometimes it all gets too much and I can't pretend to keep on top of everything on my feed every day but I usually skim it a few times a day.

So maybe it is a little more than just entertainment after all! I can't pretend to tweet much myself, though. I don't think there's much I have to say that people I don't know in real life will be interested in - and for those I do know in real life, that's what Facebook is for!

:D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Drarok

I must say I was a little saddened when I saw Jem and Frost had left the twitocracy, but the F* one is back, and Jem's posting on his blog more frequently, so I guess it all worked out after a day or two :)

danofmayz

It's a noisy place out there in cyber land and definitely affects workflow.

Totally understand Jem's decision. His blog is fantastic anyway! Plus the Frost* Reports.
Follow me on Twitter! //http://twitter.com/danmvalverde @danmvalverde

johninblack

Quote from: "danofmayz"It's a noisy place out there in cyber land and definitely affects workflow.

Totally understand Jem's decision. His blog is fantastic anyway! Plus the Frost* Reports.
I very much agree with you there, for me the blog and the Frost* Reports have always been the more interesting and enjoyable form of communication from Jem.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

danofmayz

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "danofmayz"It's a noisy place out there in cyber land and definitely affects workflow.

I very much agree with you there, for me the blog and the Frost* Reports have always been the more interesting and enjoyable form of communication from Jem.

Totally, and lets not forget. He doesn't even have to do that.

Jem

Don't get me wrong, Twitter's great. When Stephen Fry was writing his autobiography, he bailed for a few months as he said he could do without the distractions. in the same vein, I've got an album to make.  :D

You'll notice that Matt Stevens has also taken his foot off the social media pedal. Same for Blunders, albeit for different reasons, he'll be back soon though I expect.

Mitchell's still going strong though.

I was quite shocked to get some of the abuse that I did when I announced my withdrawal from Twitter. Being called a "social cripple" was a bit extreme I thought, but there you go.

danofmayz

Quote from: "Jem"I was quite shocked to get some of the abuse that I did when I announced my withdrawal from Twitter. Being called a "social cripple" was a bit extreme I thought, but there you go.

Christ! Obviously, agoraphobics depend on this Twitter lark a bit too much.  :?

Pedro

To be fair I think the quote was along the lines of "if you don't use twitter in the future you will be socially crippled" not that you are, right now,  a social cripple. A trivial distinction possibly but it takes away a little of the vitriol...not much though...you're still a Luddite, apparently! ;)
As I've said before, I think the reaction would have been far less if you had just stopped tweeting. The trouble is, your tweets were usually worth reading, with a chuckle not far away, and no-one likes to have good stuff taken away.
We have praised Matt Stevens for the way he has made a success of his work....but this has been through relentless cranking of all available handles....for this is what it takes. It stands to reason that his step away from it (for all the right reasons) will be accompanied by a reduction in trade. So it has to be a calculated step...one has to wonder if the crank:return ratio is worthwhile though.
Mitchell has declared he is starting a blog...so I suspect he might drop Twitter too.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"