Main Menu

Celebr8.2

Started by Brom, April 19, 2013, 08:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D S

Oh dear!  ??? Musicians should know to leave gardening to gardeners and keep their precious hands safe! (Didn't Jem damage his hands with a blade previously?)
Really glad Andy is up for standing in and the show will go on but what a challenge learning all those expensive chords in a week...
It will make for a unique Frost* gig for sure!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Twang

Jem will be singing and doing things one handed. Oooer ;)

E.S.

He's going full lefty this time then.   :o

Not quite as hands on as usual.

At least having Andy is handy.

Mouse

Quote from: D S on May 02, 2013, 05:46:37 PM
Really glad Andy is up for standing in and the show will go on but what a challenge learning all those expensive chords in a week...

Have you heard The Tangent before? They had to build in a sunroof for their quota of expensive chords to shoot through.  ;D

And I believe Jem has also suffered at the mercy of cheese graters and cricket balls before. Not that I'm keeping count, or anything...

Twang

We've all done silly things with Cheese Graters.  :)

Mouse

Fun fact - a cheese grater on a string being swung round and around is how they created the sound of the movements of those dragon things the Ring Wraiths rode in Lord Of The Rings. I think.

Pedro

Quote from: Andy T on FBWell - so far 2 solid days of FROST* rehearsals. My mind is a blur of 7/8 and modal chords. Jem Godfrey is an alarming keyboards player, and we met up via a video link yesterday. He's playing left hand, and I'm playing the right hand parts and I need both hands to do it. I don't usually like to have notes or even set lists onstage (something to do with Roine's Lyrics at Chippenham) but I may have to relax the rule next weekend. I have a list of sections for various songs. These are just words and phrases that alert me to which bit's coming next. Using words like "Chorus" and "Verse" in a Frost piece are rather like using pedestrians as landmarks while giving directions. "Turn left by the old lady in the red coat and make a right after the 15 year old kid on a BMX". My list for one of the songs goes thus

Binky Binky
Binky Bonky
Guitar solo 1
Solar Ice Cream
Howard Jones
Contrivance
Randy Crawford
Bish BISH Bash BASH
Ridge Racer
Science Friction
Wishbone Thrash
Organ solo even if they don't want it

And that's how to play Frost songs. This coming weekend was supposed to be me relaxing and playing a few acoustic songs to pay my keep at the festival and I was just going to chill out and hang around with Matt Stevens. Matt - I will ring you tomorrow!! Owing to all this sudden workload I even had to miss Beardfish last night which was very sad. Even more sad, I have recently discovered that Godfrey is the OLDEST member of Frost and he's only 41 or something. Which makes me the OLDEST a-f***ing-gain. I am sick of being the oldest. Anyway. BE AT CELEBR8.2. This is only going to happen once. Ever. There will be no DVD.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

rogerg

DueyC

Quote from: Pedro on May 05, 2013, 02:55:58 AM
Quote from: Andy T on FBI have recently discovered that Godfrey is the OLDEST member of Frost and he's only 41 or something.

I thought Nathan was older than Jem?
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: DueyC on May 05, 2013, 08:44:57 AM
Quote from: Andy T on FBI have recently discovered that Godfrey is the OLDEST member of Frost and he's only 41 or something.

Your left-hand signed cheque is surely now in the mail ... ;-)

Pedro

It would be left-hand signed...Jem is left-handed. :)
(remember the stylophone)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Fogeyspasm

That letter is brilliant. Can't wait till next weekend. Luckily only three days of work for me till then. :)
Tally Ho Chaps
Bandits 11 O\'Clock High
Throttle to boost, im going in!

Mouse

QuoteUsing words like "Chorus" and "Verse" in a Frost piece are rather like using pedestrians as landmarks while giving directions.

Brilliant.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Pedro on May 05, 2013, 11:27:58 AM
It would be left-hand signed...Jem is left-handed. :)
(remember the stylophone)

Yes, I knew that, of course (cough). And your point is, exactly?  :-*

MikeEvs

Quote from: DueyC on May 05, 2013, 08:44:57 AM

Nathan is 42 according to his wikipedia page, born August 29 1970