Main Menu

Celebr8.3 2014

Started by Splinky, October 03, 2013, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheekylittlebside

Frost* gig was amazing. Thinking back now they behave like children yet just bust out an amazing gig. Better than last year by a long way.

Ballroom floor was cool. The sound was amazing stood in the middle in front of the desk. I think the Keys weren't right in the mix for the first couple of songs but then it just got better and really it didn't matter in the slightest!

New song "Scientist?" is a grower, Drop D, energetic, with Frostie sprinkles ontop and length and Nathan singing, he should do more of that - echoing what people have mentioned.

I like the newish version of Pocket Sun. It flows more, bit darker, bit like the new song. Or like a Hobnob, evolving into a chocolate hobnob. (haha nob) It just gets getting better.

What was the song John was playing on the keyboard halfway through Milliontown ?

What was the song where Jem totally changed the ending, in the last few chords ? (Hyperventilate??) "You weren't expecting that were ya!"
(Bourbon)

RacingHippo

Quote from: cheekylittlebside on June 11, 2014, 11:50:11 AM
What was the song John was playing on the keyboard halfway through Milliontown ?
What, this one?
* May contain nuts.

cheekylittlebside

Aye, thank you! Bugging me all day that.
(Bourbon)

Mikey

Quote from: RacingHippo on June 11, 2014, 04:50:59 PM
What, this one?
Hang on.......Where's the rest of it?????
I used to have a signature

RacingHippo

Quote from: Mikey on June 11, 2014, 05:59:26 PM
Quote from: RacingHippo on June 11, 2014, 04:50:59 PM
What, this one?
Hang on.......Where's the rest of it?????

On the Cutting Room Floor ;)
I was far too busy enjoying the gig to do any more :p
* May contain nuts.

Mikey

My pitiful excuse for not being there

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Mikey on June 14, 2014, 11:54:31 AM
My pitiful excuse for not being there

Well, whoever your doctor was, Mikey, you got screwed. Sorry.

Returning to the topic of Celebr8.3 for a mo', I've started working through my pictures from the Sunday, starting with a handful (well, if you're a mutant with six fingers) of the jolly loud "The Fierce and The Dead".

Frost* to come later: the sun is shining, so the bike beckons now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/markmccaughrean/sets/72157644755935668/

D S

Come on, you\'re a lion!

Trapezium Artist

Sorry for the delay, folks: have been on travel a lot recently and when I've been home, it's been hard getting my son off the big computer with Lightroom on. That Minecraft, I tell you ...  ::)

Anyway, I've put a first set of "Frost* at Celebr8.3" pictures up on Flickr, more to follow next weekend, I hope (after a week in Copenhagen and Toulouse; ho hum):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/markmccaughrean/sets/72157645299497321/

A handful here for your delectation:

rogerg

Nice!  thanks for sharing!!

MikeEvs

Nice work TA, thanks for sharing  :)

Nellie

Some fab shots! I love the ones of Nathan  ;D
It's in the post!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Nellie on June 23, 2014, 11:14:39 AM
Some fab shots! I love the ones of Nathan  ;D

Yes, he was being quite photogenic that evening: there are plenty more where they came from  8)

Mikey