Tiger Moth Tales live gigs!

Started by tigermoth, March 05, 2015, 01:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigermoth

Hi there Frosticals. That was one hell of a weekend, and one I will remember for the rest of my naturals. :) Great to finally meet some of you and put voices to names, and had a good few chats with David Longdon ...... which was nice. ;) The Magenta chaps made me feel very welcome and there were some magical moments. The support and feedback for my sets has been fantastic and I feel very lucky. The only point which has been made by a few is that I perhaps shouldn't have done the covers as they enjoyed the original stuff, but I had to point out that I'm stil the new boy and I haven't got that much. Unless I started wheeling out the instrumentals, or chucking in a live acoustic version of The Isle Of Witches and I don't think any of us want to hear that do we. ... Well I bloody don't anyway. Lol. So yup it was all rather splendid. Very sad about Chris Squire's passing, but in an odd way that created such a feeling of unity at the robin and David's words touched us all I think. Thanks again to those who made it, and for those who couldn't ... well we'd better make sure there's a next time hadn't we? ;) ;)

Mooncat

T'was lovely to meet you too - having been a big fan of the Cocoon album and now Storytellers (duly purchased on the night).
Choice of songs is always a difficult one, especially as a support when a fair proportion of the audience don't know who you are.
I always think a cover or two helps draw some of those people in more (as long as they know the cover of course) but the fact that people we're clamouring for more of your stuff should be seen as a massive positive.
I guess the only solution is to get more material written and recorded  ;) ;) ;)

One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

gr8gonzo

Yes, yes. Hop on that, will you, Mr. Jones? One needn't wait until February for the RPM challenge. Why, today is the first of the month. Album #3 in August then. Off you go. ;)
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mooncat

And you'd have a whole extra 3 days to complete it  ;) ;)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Pedro

A clip from Pete's brilliant set - Don't Let Go, Feels Alright from the wonderful Cocoon album.
Love the track, amazing performance.
He even fits in a couple of Magenta's Children Of The Sun motifs too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ambwkq2kEeQ
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

sawtooth

Quote from: Pedro on July 01, 2015, 09:39:06 PM
A clip from Pete's brilliant set - Don't Let Go, Feels Alright from the wonderful Cocoon album.
Love the track, amazing performance.
He even fits in a couple of Magenta's Children Of The Sun motifs too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ambwkq2kEeQ

Oooh I missed those - I just thought Pete was ad-libbing!

tigermoth

Lol you guys. :) Sorry, no time for an album this month, :) but I am working on the highly anticipated Red Bazar album. Well I'm highly anticipating it any road, as is my dear Sawtooth. Mooncat, I agree it's a great compliment, but as you say stil good to chuck in at least one cover at this early stage. Sawtooth, the children of the sun thing was something Chris Fry and I had been doing all day. It was funny, though I think by the end of the night Rob got right royally fed up with it. :) Oops.

Mikey

Quote from: tigermoth on July 02, 2015, 11:50:51 AM
Lol you guys. :) Sorry, no time for an album this month
Suppose you're going on one of them there holidays :)
I used to have a signature

sawtooth

Quote from: tigermoth on July 02, 2015, 11:50:51 AM
Lol you guys. :) Sorry, no time for an album this month, :) but I am working on the highly anticipated Red Bazar album. Well I'm highly anticipating it any road, as is my dear Sawtooth. Mooncat, I agree it's a great compliment, but as you say stil good to chuck in at least one cover at this early stage. Sawtooth, the children of the sun thing was something Chris Fry and I had been doing all day. It was funny, though I think by the end of the night Rob got right royally fed up with it. :) Oops.

Ahh I see now - I wondered what Mr Longdon was on about!
By the way i didn't tell you on the night, but I absolutely LOVED your acoustic version of Kevin Gilbert's 'A Long Day's Life'. Real goose-pimply stuff there mate.

tigermoth

Mikey I am having a minibreak as they say. :) Thanks Sawtooth. I love the  track.

Mikey

Those hot cakes are still selling :)

TOP 10 SELLING ALBUMS OVER THE LAST 4 WEEKS
www.progrock.co.uk

01. IOEARTH – New World (2 CD) – GBP 12.99
02. RIVERSIDE -  Love, Fear And The Time Machine (Ltd 2CD Mediabook) - GBP 13.99
03. BIG BIG TRAIN – Wassail EP – GBP 5.99
04. SPOCK'S BEARD - The Oblivion Particle (Ltd Mediabook + Bonus Track) - GBP 13.99
05. MAGENTA - The Singles Complete (2 CD) - GBP 10.99
06. KARNATAKA - Secrets Of Angels - GBP 9.99
07. TIGER MOTH TALES - Story Tellers (Part 1) - GBP 9.99
08. MOSTLY AUTUMN - Box Of Tears - GBP 9.99
09. SPOCKS BEARD - The Oblivion Particle (Standard) - GBP 10.99
10. MAGIC PIE - King For A Day - GBP 10.99
I used to have a signature

tigermoth

Goodness me. I'm slightly surprised it's Story Tellers in there, as I've heard that that one hasn't endured quite so well but that Cocoon is stil hanging on in there. :) But this is great news indeed.
Well this is a bit daft, because I forgot I started this thread so I now have two TMT gig threads which is rather silly.
Anyhow, may as well post this here.

I'm Rather excited now and slightly panicky as I prepare to start for Cumbria first thing tomorrow. I'm excited not least because I'll be accompanying our very own Mr Mitchell on keyboards. That will be a highlight I know.  I just wanted to thank all those who donated to my Just Giving page for the CKDCF. I'm not far off my target, so if anybody stil wants to donate you can do so here:
https://www.justgiving.com/peter-jones62/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=fundraisingpage&utm_content=peter-jones62&utm_campaign=pfp-share
Thanks again, and now I must rush off and do a bit of last minute rehearsing. I can't let Mr Plant and Mr Dunnery down. V V exciting and all for an excellent cause.

johninblack

I've closed this thread after a brief communication with Pete as there is a gig page already elsewhere

http://frostmusic.net/forum/index.php?topic=4154.0
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"