Frost* at ProgDreams VI!

Started by AnsOnkruid, July 08, 2016, 11:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnsOnkruid

Oops. I haven't been online for a while I guess. Time for a Frost*ie meetup, perhaps? I'll bring stroopwafels :)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pedro

Quote from: AnsOnkruid on January 18, 2017, 08:57:51 PM
Oops. I haven't been online for a while I guess. Time for a Frost*ie meetup, perhaps? I'll bring stroopwafels :)
Welcome back! Have one for me. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mikey

Hi Junior, how's it going?  :)
I used to have a signature

AnsOnkruid

Quote from: Mikey on January 19, 2017, 07:11:03 PM
Mikey :D I'm not so junior anymore... Turning 24 in April already! All is good, eating lots of biscuits and listening prog are still my hobbies :) How are you doing? It's been so long!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: AnsOnkruid on January 22, 2017, 01:13:06 AM
Quote from: Mikey on January 19, 2017, 07:11:03 PM
Mikey :D I'm not so junior anymore... Turning 24 in April already! All is good, eating lots of biscuits and listening prog are still my hobbies :) How are you doing? It's been so long!

Trust us. Compared to most folk on this forum, that's Junior. Very  :P

gr8gonzo

I still recall the first time we crossed paths, Ans. It was over on last.fm sometime in 2008. So, I've known you since you were 15. :D
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Mikey

Quote from: gr8gonzo on January 24, 2017, 01:32:13 AM
I still recall the first time we crossed paths, Ans. It was over on last.fm sometime in 2008. So, I've known you since you were 15. :D
& me 14
That's 10 years, 10 years
I feel old

No......even older

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used to have a signature

tigermoth

I will be there all being well to catch Frost's set, but I will definitely be there on Sunday to catch Lonely Robot, and Tiger Moth Tales.  :)

D S

Well, I hope you catch Tiger Moth Tales, Pete - I've heard they're really good!  ;)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

AnsOnkruid

Oh man you guys have been in my life for so long, even I do feel old now. :P I remember being so young and visiting this place (well, technically, we had an other place back then) every single day. Oh, the joy it brought me. This tiny community did wonders for me. The friends I've made and the music I've discovered... I wouldn't be the same without it.  I have and will always love this place :)

So, emotional rant over. Time for some biscuits! And, to stay on topic: I'm tempted to go both days, anyone who wants to cat-sit?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DueyC

For those wanting to take photos, here is the De Boerderij camera policy, as stated on their website:

Am I allowed to take photos at a concert?

As a rule the use of small, so-called compact cameras (without a removable lens) and smart phones is permitted. However, you are not allowed to bring professional equipment / single-lens reflex cameras (SLRs) inside the venue.

Only if you, as a professional or amateur photographer, have submitted a request for an accreditation in advance and it has been granted, you can use a professional camera at the concert. Requests for an accreditation can be submitted no later than 3 days before a show by sending an e-mail to info@boerderij.org

I have done that in the past and they are reasonable about it. Your name is added to a list and you will be issued with a wristband on entry. Anyone seen using a DSLR without a wristband will be challenged.

Assuming they have their normal lighting guy (Rene Haak) on duty, you can expect the lighting to be very good, so go for it!
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: DueyC on February 02, 2017, 05:18:00 PM
For those wanting to take photos, here is the De Boerderij camera policy, as stated on their website:

Am I allowed to take photos at a concert?

As a rule the use of small, so-called compact cameras (without a removable lens) and smart phones is permitted. However, you are not allowed to bring professional equipment / single-lens reflex cameras (SLRs) inside the venue.

Only if you, as a professional or amateur photographer, have submitted a request for an accreditation in advance and it has been granted, you can use a professional camera at the concert. Requests for an accreditation can be submitted no later than 3 days before a show by sending an e-mail to info@boerderij.org

I have done that in the past and they are reasonable about it. Your name is added to a list and you will be issued with a wristband on entry. Anyone seen using a DSLR without a wristband will be challenged.

Assuming they have their normal lighting guy (Rene Haak) on duty, you can expect the lighting to be very good, so go for it!

FWIW, I've taken DSLR pix at De Boerderij quite a few times and have never had to get accreditation first, but admittedly, that hasn't been in the last couple of years.

But they're nice people at the venue, so I imagine that if you follow the process well in advance, it should be fine.

DueyC

There will be a curry on the Friday evening in Zoetermeer for those who are arriving early. It's being done through facebook, so if you aren't on there (or you are but haven't already been invited) let me know and I'll pass your name on to the organiser.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Nellie

The whole thing will be filmed so it would be extremely annoying to have a bank of giant lenses blocking the stage. This is one of my pet hates (of which I have many), amateur photographers, who have paid to get in, claiming a space at the front of the stage all night and blocking the view of other people, who have paid to get in.
Bring back the old 3 song rule and ban photography unless you have a pass. Sorry if that upsets people but I think it's unfair on the band and the punters.
It's in the post!

L33VEY

Quote from: Nellie on February 16, 2017, 10:50:24 PM
The whole thing will be filmed so it would be extremely annoying to have a bank of giant lenses blocking the stage. This is one of my pet hates (of which I have many), amateur photographers, who have paid to get in, claiming a space at the front of the stage all night and blocking the view of other people, who have paid to get in.
Bring back the old 3 song rule and ban photography unless you have a pass. Sorry if that upsets people but I think it's unfair on the band and the punters.

Does that mean tall people have to stay at the back as well?   :P
Currently playing in The Frost*mobile:  Frost* Day and Age