Main Menu

3 more shows

Started by Nellie, September 27, 2016, 01:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen

Well, Mystic Meg talks gobbledigook and tries to get on TV as much as possible.
And you.....oh, sorry, must be thinking of someone else

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: owen on April 12, 2017, 12:11:47 PM
Well, Mystic Meg talks gobbledigook and tries to get on TV as much as possible.
And you.....oh, sorry, must be thinking of someone else
:P

D S

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on April 12, 2017, 11:43:43 AM
Quote from: Nellie on April 11, 2017, 03:28:59 PM
Edinburgh was the worst attended, mainly because the venue didn't advertise it at all. They won't play there again, especially after the way the band and fans were treated.

Well, I hope you mean they won't be playing The Liquid Room again, rather than Edinburgh more generally: I always enjoy visiting my old city, and if Frost* are there too, all the better.

It did seem pretty sparse: I estimated about 100 or maybe 150 only. Obviously, that's not great from a financial perspective at all, but I did at least think the crowd responded positively and loudly to the excellent performance by the band. So in that sense, it was very good, but of course, not good if not financially viable.

When you say "the way the band and fans were treated", was that just in reference to being kicked out pretty rapidly afterwards, to clear the venue for the subsequent dance night? Or were there other issues?

Anyway, again, you can be sure that everyone in the room enjoyed the gig, and so I'm very grateful for you and the band making the trip.
Well, I would love to have been there to boost the numbers but sadly I couldn't go this time (even although I did buy a ticket).  I'm quite annoyed that this was the 1st ever Frost* Scottish gig I've missed (admittedly this is only their 3rd time north of the border! ;)).  Glad everyone seemed to enjoy it.  Do come back to Scotland at some point please!  8)
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DueyC

Edinburgh was the worst attended, mainly because the venue didn't advertise it at all. They won't play there again, especially after the way the band and fans were treated.

Lifesigns played Bannermans Bar in Edinburgh last year and the staff at the venue were great. The only drawback is that it would be a bit small for a normal size Frost* crowd, with an advertised capacity of 175.
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

D S

And similarly, I still think King Tut's would be a great venue if Frost* ever fancy going to Glasgow again. (You'll recall Lifesigns also played a great gig there last year, Julie! 8))
Come on, you\'re a lion!

DueyC

Quote from: D S on April 12, 2017, 10:06:55 PM
And similarly, I still think King Tut's would be a great venue if Frost* ever fancy going to Glasgow again. (You'll recall Lifesigns also played a great gig there last year, Julie! 8))

It's a great venue for the audience but they ripped the band off so they won't be playing there again.  >:(
Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

D S

Oh. That's really disappointing to hear. It has a good reputation as a venue but there is obviously another side to it.  :-\
Come on, you\'re a lion!

sawtooth

Managed to get to Edinburgh...shame it was 3 days too late for the gig though. This will be the first tour I've missed and not happy at all  >:(
Pleased everyone had a spiffng time though - a pity about the audience numbers in Edinburgh but I bet you lot made up for it in sheer enthusiasm!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: sawtooth on April 17, 2017, 09:32:22 PM
Managed to get to Edinburgh...shame it was 3 days too late for the gig though. This will be the first tour I've missed and not happy at all  >:(
Pleased everyone had a spiffng time though - a pity about the audience numbers in Edinburgh but I bet you lot made up for it in sheer enthusiasm!

I'm sure that if you had listened very carefully, there will have been echoes emanating from Auld Reekie's ancient cobbled streets and wynds, both of the band giving it laldy, and of the small, but perfectly-formed audience's sonorous appreciation  8)

Nellie

Quote from: Trapezium Artist on April 12, 2017, 11:43:43 AM

Well, I hope you mean they won't be playing The Liquid Room again, rather than Edinburgh more generally: I always enjoy visiting my old city, and if Frost* are there too, all the better.

It did seem pretty sparse: I estimated about 100 or maybe 150 only. Obviously, that's not great from a financial perspective at all, but I did at least think the crowd responded positively and loudly to the excellent performance by the band. So in that sense, it was very good, but of course, not good if not financially viable.

When you say "the way the band and fans were treated", was that just in reference to being kicked out pretty rapidly afterwards, to clear the venue for the subsequent dance night? Or were there other issues?

Anyway, again, you can be sure that everyone in the room enjoyed the gig, and so I'm very grateful for you and the band making the trip.
It'll be quite some time before they play any gigs but I think it will be Glasgow for the Scotland slot next time. I love Edinburgh but the venue let us down.
The disco load out was hampered by the staff putting equipment in the way of the stage instead of helping the band and crew make a hasty exit. The security staff were very rude and threatened violence to some of my friends who didn't leave quickly enough.
The sound system, however, was amazing and the band and fans were fab!
It's in the post!

Mordwin

A shame the band and fans were treated so shabily... still, plenty of time to think of a suitable venue in Glasgow!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: Nellie on April 22, 2017, 03:41:38 PM
It'll be quite some time before they play any gigs but I think it will be Glasgow for the Scotland slot next time. I love Edinburgh but the venue let us down.
The disco load out was hampered by the staff putting equipment in the way of the stage instead of helping the band and crew make a hasty exit. The security staff were very rude and threatened violence to some of my friends who didn't leave quickly enough.
The sound system, however, was amazing and the band and fans were fab!

Hmm, not good at all. Of course, will happily travel to Glasgow as well, although if the band aren't planning gigs in the near future, it could be that I'll need a visa to get into the country at that point  8)

And since I'll likely be going on tour myself to Edinburgh later in the year (nudge nudge wink wink), I'll make sure that The Liquid Room is definitely not the venue  ;)

owen

So come Brexit, will they deport you (actually a vaguely serious question)? Or make you work at Jodrell Bank (possibly not so serious)? Or present the Sky at Night and bring it back to BBC1 where it belongs?