Got pics or film? Dingwalls 24th November 2017

Started by rogerg, January 13, 2023, 04:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerg

From the Boss hisself!

Good hour to you and happy new year!

Over the last 5 years, there's been quite a bit of talk about the now Lord Lucan-esque nature of the increasingly mythical (well...ish) nature of the film of the Dingwalls gig we did 5 years ago. Personally I thought the footage wasn't good enough and was arguably rightly chastised for that opinion. However, thanks to the remarkable tenacity and recent super human efforts of Mr Chris Elliot I'm delighted to say that the project is finally underway.

BUT... we need your help. Frankly, and I'm still largely of this opinion, the footage was filmed with too few cameras and in dubious quality in some parts, so it became rather samey and boring after about 10 minutes, which is why I lost heart in the whole thing. BUT, in his eternally optimistic and cheerful way, Chris has asked me to kindly ask you (those of you who were there of course...) if you have any footage of the gig, would you mind sharing it with us so that he can incorporate it into the finished film?

Even if it's just a couple of seconds, anything and everything will help liven things up a bit... We'll name check you of course in the final credits and will owe you a great debt of gratitude from hereon. In return you'll be able to tell your grandkids that you helped put together a vitally important visual record of a band comprised of long dead musicians they've never heard of, playing some music they probably won't like. And in this way we leave the world a better place than when we found it.

So if you do still possess anything at all, please can you email it to us at - frostfootage@villalane.co.uk giving us the name you would like to be used in your credit.

Please share this post too on the relevant fora if you'd be so kind. Together we can get this film made. And this is the brilliant thing about you lovely people - you never take no for an answer and I love you for that. Thank you very very much!! Jem x

Trapezium Artist

Well, blimey. I was there and am pretty sure I do have some video actually, perhaps even a few minutes worth – will have to check when I get home this evening. And if I do, I'm of course only too happy to share it. It was a great gig and it'd be wonderful to see it finally available.

Where did Jem post this message originally, Rog?

rogerg

Hey Mark!! it was on Facebook. Perhaps Twitter, but I didn't see it there(I miss seeing you there, btw).  I would expect they're still taking material.

Good to see you around here!  Hope the new year is shaping up well.

Jem

Thank you for all the footage! I'm happy to announce that the Dingwalls gig is in the bag, supremely expertly edited by our very own Chippy Minton. The words "Silk Purse" and "Sow's ear" spring to mind. He did an incredible job on it.

The plan is for a digital release at the moment as the repro costs are too high for what I expect to be a limited amount of interest worldwide. ;)

The plus side of that is that it'll always be available and never out of print like Island Live currently is, but we're also planning to make that digitally available too. More news soon on all this stuff.

But thank you again for all your help on Dingwalls.  8)

rogerg

owen

Sei

8)  8)  8)
I am fully ready to help and contribute if Frost* needs it. Crowdfunding, kickstarter or what ever it might be.
You can count on me for sure lads.

FranticDav

Very excited to see the visual compendium of this show!
"Popular taste is cyclical, not to say fecal." - Neil Peart