AudioBoojum - what ho? how?

Started by vocalnick, June 03, 2009, 01:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vocalnick

Umm...

Unless you have an insert point on your larynx, I'm assuming you're post-processing your Boos somewhat. I just curious as to how that's working when it comes to uploading - the iPhone app is the only way I could find to actually record and submit anything.

Enquiring minds would like to know  :?
words that look like sound effects: twit, blog

gr8gonzo

I don't have anything helpful to offer here.  I just like the word boojum.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pedro

I'm guessing (based on some research) but iPhones (and certainly the recent iPodTouch) have microphone inputs in the 3.5mm jack and stereo line-in in the docking connector.
I assume BooJem is assembling the gold dust (unfeasibly quickly) using all the good gear and then recording it into his iPhone via the app.
AudioBoo say they plan to open the API (one day) so that other routes become available (there may already be something clever in the Mac community for this??). I suspect that AudioBoos are mono only but I could be wrong.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Jem

The answer is boringly simple I'm afraid. But I don't want to spoil the magic just yet.  ;)

The next few installments are going to up the game somewhat.  :D

Pedro

<insert picture of Jem holding iPhone up to speakers in The Cube>

:roll: typical engineer....looking past the bleedin' obvious for the tricky solution....

vocalnick

Haha, I bet that's it. I thought you were on the right track Pedro, although I was starting to worry about impedance. Sigh...

Incidentally, stumbled across the lovely Tara Busch and her audioboo Casio covers yesterday. I don't want to jeopardise Jem's #4 ranking, but this is worth checking out. Kind of the polar opposite to Jem's approach to Boo-ing - just a girl, a casio, and an iphone - but equally compelling.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/25649-tara-cove ... ek-version
words that look like sound effects: twit, blog

Jem

Quote from: "Pedro"<insert picture of Jem holding iPhone up to speakers in The Cube>

:roll: typical engineer....looking past the bleedin' obvious for the tricky solution....

:lol:  :lol:

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "Pedro"<insert picture of Jem holding iPhone up to speakers in The Cube>

A bit like holding everything together with brown tape and wet string. But instead of simply replacing the broken parts, develop a string irrigation system.  :?  :?
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

ChrisX

Quote from: "vocalnick"Incidentally, stumbled across the lovely Tara Busch and her audioboo Casio covers yesterday. I don't want to jeopardise Jem's #4 ranking, but this is worth checking out. Kind of the polar opposite to Jem's approach to Boo-ing - just a girl, a casio, and an iphone - but equally compelling.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/25649-tara-cove ... ek-version

Wow... she has a great voice. I will surely be following her.

And you know what: I would love to hear Jem doing stuff like that through AudioBoo. Tiime to pull out the Skiing song  :P
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

ChrisX

With a chance that this one turns into a Tara Busch thread I found this amazing version of Outkast's HeYa song on her AudioBoo page:

//http://audioboo.fm/boos/17294-tarabusch-plays-outkast-s-hey-ya-moogerfoogers-mellotron

And yes, that is apparently Mellotron you are hearing !!!!
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

robwebster

I always assumed he just recorded it on his computer (or loaded it from the iphone first) and then put it straight into protools, before uploading to twitter.

I want to know if I'm right now haha.

Pedro

Quote from: "robwebster"I always assumed he just recorded it on his computer (or loaded it from the iphone first) and then put it straight into protools, before uploading to twitter.

I want to know if I'm right now haha.
The only snag with that theory is the "uploading to twitter" part.
AudioBoo (not Twitter) doesn't currently provide any direct upload facility. The only way (I think) to get a Boo uploaded is to use the iPhone/iPodTouch application.