Just missed them in Philly... DAMMIT

Started by ducatidave, June 04, 2009, 05:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ducatidave

Yeah, so my Itunes genius suggests this band Frost* while I'm listening to Saga's new album. So I take a listen and..holy shit! This stuff is great! Milliontown is definately one of the best albums I've ever heard period. Right up there with Presto, 5150, Ah Via Musicom, Network, Juggling 9 Dropping 10, The Extremist, The Ultra Zone, Images and Words, Invisible Touch, Quadraphenia, Momentary Lapse Of Reason, etc.....

Then I find out these guys were just in Philly, PA May 2nd. So I missed Black Light Machine live!...... man, that pisses me off. Makes me wanna punch an old lady. :x

Nellie

Oh dear, you'd better have a cup of tea and a sit down.
Welcome all the same :D
It's in the post!

ChrisX

Quote from: "Nellie"Oh dear, you'd better have a cup of tea and a sit down.

[Wallace voice]
You forgot the biscuits !!!  :shock:
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "ducatidave"Makes me wanna punch an old lady. :x

Be careful around here; female Frosties* are more than capable of looking after their own with a vengeance  :D

Nellie's kind welcome to the forum disguises a steely resolve to deal with any such hooliganism, albeit prolly by making a T-shirt to protest about it ...

Nellie

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"

Be careful around here; female Frosties* are more than capable of looking after their own with a vengeance  :D

Nellie's kind welcome to the forum disguises a steely resolve to deal with any such hooliganism, albeit prolly by making a T-shirt to protest about it ...

Blimey, you're awake then! Good job you're moving.....  ;)
It's in the post!

Nellie

Quote from: "ChrisX"
Quote from: "Nellie"Oh dear, you'd better have a cup of tea and a sit down.

[Wallace voice]
You forgot the biscuits !!!  :shock:

I did :oops:
It's in the post!

ducatidave

Can you imagine the poor old woman looking up and saying, "my dear, why did you punch me?" to which the proper reply, in this case, would be, "my dear old woman, I have missed hearing Black light Machine live, and thus, you have become the object of my anxiety outlet."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no center to the universe. The universe is expanding sort of like the surface of a ballon, with all objects moving away from each other. It is important to note that space/time is curved, not simply space itself, so as you travel in any particular direction, your position becomes relative to all other positions. This disallows there to be a true center of the universe. I struggle with this on a nightly basis.

Nellie

It's in the post!

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"

OI, Trapezium Artist, just WHO are you calling old?

I'll hit you with my Zimmer frame when we meet up in person.

Mouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Run TA, run.  ;)

Also, a big wide welcome to ducatidave! Help yourself to a Jammy Dodger!  :D

ducatidave

Mouse

Quote from: "Wikipedia"Jammie Dodgers are a popular British biscuit, made from shortbread and raspberry flavored plum jam.

I think they're delicious.  8-)  And here's a recipe for making them! Who says Wikipedia isn't useful? It can lead to all sorts of interesting little things.  :)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"OI, Trapezium Artist, just WHO are you calling old?

I'll hit you with my Zimmer frame when we meet up in person.

Oh, provocative I may be, Catherine, but not suicidal ...  :D  

When I said that the female Frosties* can look after their own, I was only referring to the gender category, not the age one. (And your double-teaming with Nellie just proves me right  ;) )

But then again, we're prog fans, fercryinoutloud: we're the last people who should be trying to convince people we're boisterous whippersnappers in the first fresh flush of youth.

Except Mouse. Who is. Damn him. Although he doesn't seem to realise that "Run, TA, run!" is only likely to be met with a sigh and an "if only ..."  :lol:

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Nellie"Blimey, you're awake then! Good job you're moving.....  ;)

Yes and all too soon for my liking ... mere weeks to go before we pick up sticks  :shock:

As for being awake (or not), I'm afraid I've been busy passing judgement on the physicists of the future, marking exams endlessly. So much red ink and so little time ...  :D

Nellie

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"As for being awake (or not), I'm afraid I've been busy passing judgement on the physicists of the future, marking exams endlessly. So much red ink and so little time ... :D
That's what you say ;)

We have to leave Mousey's age out of it as he's getting upset and it makes me feel very old.
It's in the post!