Main Menu

DT Gig CD's????

Started by Mooncat, June 09, 2009, 08:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

Yes, apart from the packaging, I don't think there is anything on the disk that will not be on the live album package.
TFYS is one of the "B-sides" and all live tracks are said to be from the forthcoming live release.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

weezul

Listening to it now, its brilliant! If that's any consolation for those who can't get it :/

edit: Bloody hell! I was actually looking around for dogs barking. Damn you

Mouse

Same here! Was that Jem up to a little mischief in post-production, or did that really happen at ROSFest?  :lol:

Mouse

By the way, has anyone scanned the CD's front cover and has the image as a JPEG? I'd love to have it accompanying the wonderful sounds on my iPod.

I'd scan it myself, but I won't have access to a scanner until the end of next week and Jem and John scribbled all over mine. Barbarians.  ;)

weezul

here you go, scanned it in for my library as soon as i got home haha (nerd alert)

ChrisX

Quote from: "Pedro"Yes, apart from the packaging, I don't think there is anything on the disk that will not be on the live album package.
TFYS is one of the "B-sides" and all live tracks are said to be from the forthcoming live release.

WTF? I thought Jem was going to put the tracks that wouldn't end up on The Philadelphia Experiment on the tour cd and now I read it is all stuff that WILL be on the live-album?
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

Pedro

Quote from: "ChrisX"
Quote from: "Pedro"Yes, apart from the packaging, I don't think there is anything on the disk that will not be on the live album package.
WTF? I thought Jem was going to put the tracks that wouldn't end up on The Philadelphia Experiment on the tour cd and now I read it is all stuff that WILL be on the live-album?
....I can only report what the sleeve says....I know no more....
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Mouse

Weezul sir, thank you very much! I love that cover to bits (I really should stop holding it now  ;) ).

Meanwhile, I'd have thought that definitely some of the tracks from this tour CD would've gone on The Philidelphia Experiment - Hyperventilate especially, seeing as it's the concert opener. Maybe it's a mix of what will be on there and what won't be. I don't mind one bit, personally.  :)

I hope the covers will be different, though I don't know how you could get a better one than the one as featured by Weezul!

weezul

Jem

Quote from: "catherine"£8  :shock:  Jem said they were £5 at the start of this thread. I guess that's the venue adding a mark-up.

Yes, we were shafted rather on the prices I wanted to charge. And they took 25% plus VAT of our earnings. :roll:

I think greed is prehaps the ugliest of the sins.  :?

catherine

Quote from: "Jem"Yes, we were shafted rather on the prices I wanted to charge. And they took 25% plus VAT of our earnings. :roll:

Strewth! I guess that's the price yer pays for hanging with the big boys.

(The "plus VAT" bit is just adding insult to injury.)

Jem

Quote from: "ChrisX"WTF? I thought Jem was going to put the tracks that wouldn't end up on The Philadelphia Experiment on the tour cd and now I read it is all stuff that WILL be on the live-album?

I can't do a double album, not if I want to include the 45 minute Frost report as well. That would be a 3 CD package and start to get stupidly complicated, not to mention expensive.

The set was 2 hours long. I've included a taster of the live album on the tour CD. Although I've not entirely planned it yet, I expect the actual "TPE" CD will be a "best of" with as much from the gig as I can fit on. There will be some tracks that have to step aside, such as Pocket Sun, No Me No You and a few others I expect. That said, I'd like to do a special mix on the DVD that contains the entire gig in WAV form plus the Frost report plus the full compliment of EIMA B-Sides. So hopefully that will please as many people as it's humanly possible to please in a Frost-Live-Album context.  ;)

gr8gonzo

You really are far too kind to your Frost*ies, Jem.  Love the live sampler cover art and looking forward to whatever product is brewing at Cube Industries.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

ChrisX

Quote from: "Jem"I can't do a double album, not if I want to include the 45 minute Frost report as well. That would be a 3 CD package and start to get stupidly complicated, not to mention expensive.

Oh no, that wasn't what I was expecting at all. I got the gist that it would be a single cd live-album and that as much of the remainder of the live-tracks from ROSfest would be on the tour cd.

Quote from: "Jem"The set was 2 hours long. I've included a taster of the live album on the tour CD. Although I've not entirely planned it yet, I expect the actual "TPE" CD will be a "best of" with as much from the gig as I can fit on. There will be some tracks that have to step aside, such as Pocket Sun, No Me No You and a few others I expect. That said, I'd like to do a special mix on the DVD that contains the entire gig in WAV form plus the Frost report plus the full compliment of EIMA B-Sides. So hopefully that will please as many people as it's humanly possible to please in a Frost-Live-Album context.  ;).

I would love to have the whole concert in WAV format (instead of MP3) so I can put it easily on my own cd-r's and make my own complete ROSfest disc... cool idea.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

johninblack

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"You really are far too kind to your Frost*ies, Jem.  Love the live sampler cover art and looking forward to whatever product is brewing at Cube Industries.
Yep, you really do spoil us rotten, you lovely, lovely man you. :D
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"