Main Menu

Chickenfoot

Started by Bert, June 10, 2009, 04:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Got this the other day.

I must say, it's really rather good, isn't it
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Mooncat

Really like this album - Especially 'Sexy Little Thing' great guitar riff :)  :D  :)
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

gr8gonzo

Still digesting it.  It's a bit more groove-oriented than I've come to expect from this personnel, but bits of it have already started to stand out somewhat.  Need more time with it.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

metalmatt

I really like it, a great grooving album. The whole band is on fire  :twisted:
"It\'s Phil Collins!... What\'s that Phil you need help with some lyrics, you think she has an Invisible Touch? Well you better ask her and find out."

Geetar

I'll sound an uncharacteristic note of "meh" on this one.

Guess I really just don't think much of Hagar, and Satch's playing (and more particularly, his sound here) don't redeem the project for me either.
This space for sale.

Dave M

It's an Ok listen for me.

Never been a massive fan of Hagar, but I think his vocal is too quiet in the mix and very bass heavy.

Interesting to hear Satch in a band environment though, it's far more straight and pentatonic based than I thought he'd be.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Diffidentia

Well, as a person who favors Hagar over Roth (not that it really matters, though), I'm really enjoying this release. It's pretty straight forward groovy rock, much in the same vain as Van Halen mark II. I hope they'll keep it going and get better and better with every release :)