New Porcupine Tree album

Started by grif, June 13, 2009, 12:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cptncanary

Thanks everyone. Cptn Canary is going shopping!!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

gr8gonzo

Agreed.  Shallow should have been YOOOOJ.  Stupid radio.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

Pajter

Shallow is such a great little rock song. Definitely airfriendly.

Then again, there are so many prog bands who've made airfriendly songs. They never get the exposure they need.

Maybe it's for the better though. If prog were to go mainstream, it wouldn't really be prog anymore would it? There would be "sell-outs" around every corner, trying to abuse the genre and awesome musicianship, just to earn a few extra dollars.

Don't get me wrong, I love certain stuff that airs on the radio. Music for the "normal folks" I always say. :P There's some great work in there, but overall I'd rather listen to the more niche music.

Mouse

Shallow = good. Nickelback = awful. Any band who come out with a song like Rock Star must be destroyed immediately. I hereby declare this my own opinion and I respect those who disagree with it and I won't argue with that. I still really hate Nickelback, though.  :P

I always thought Lazarus would have been a great radio song. It's a beautiful song, that one.

Pajter

Quote from: "Mouse"Shallow = good. Nickelback = awful. Any band who come out with a song like Rock Star must be destroyed immediately. I hereby declare this my own opinion and I respect those who disagree with it and I won't argue with that. I still really hate Nickelback, though.  :P

High five!

Arghh Nickelback. >_<

johninblack

I personally rather like Nickleback. I think Silver Side Up is a really good album, and I love the sarcasm and irony in Rock Star.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

catherine

My brother-in-law calls them "Stickleback", just to wind up his two daughters.

gr8gonzo

if you'd paid two cents for their CD, you'd want a nickelback. /boomtish

I also have SSU, though I haven't listened to it in years.  Aside from it being kinda cheesy, it had its moments.  Haven't felt inclined to buy any of their stuff since.

"Never made it as a good band /
Wonder why I ever bought their CD /
When I'm tempted to buy again /
I hear their music and it damn near kills me /
This is how they remind me..."

gr8gonzo

MikeEvs

Just seen a gig listed at Wolverhampton Civic for Sunday the 6th of December, this isn't on PT's website as yet.  I wonder if this means more UK date later in the year after their tour in October :?:

D S

I hope so - nothing in Scotland as yet...  :?
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Geetar

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"sheeple.  :lol:

M-e-e-e-e-e-h-h-h-h-h!
This space for sale.

gr8gonzo

Quote from: "MikeEvs"Just seen a gig listed at Wolverhampton Civic for Sunday the 6th of December, this isn't on PT's website as yet.  I wonder if this means more UK date later in the year after their tour in October :?:

Marillion's playing London that same weekend, I believe.  Sadly, I'm unable to attend either as I do not live in that continent.  I'm so jealous of those of you who are incontinent.

D S

Quote from: "D S"I hope so - nothing in Scotland as yet...  :?
And as if by magic...

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/170042D2CE616A92

:D  :D  :D
Come on, you\'re a lion!

fergey

Chuffing cocking chuff, I have tickets for another gig that night in Glasgow, which were a birthday present so I can't really off load them. Arghhhh