Progressive Nation '09 - Europe!

Started by Ecosse, June 17, 2009, 03:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brom

Quote from: "MikeEvs"
Quote from: "Jem"
Quote from: "DannySoisSage"
Quote from: "Jem"Bollocks. Playing Wembley wouldn't have gone amiss.

Hey-ho.

TBF though it's still six weeks on a bus around Europe mate. Not for everyone, that's for sure! Wembley will come calling in time  :D

Indeed. Bless you mate. :D

And "no regrets" is my motto anyway. I was offered it and I turned it down. I'll deal.

In the yes US their doing one show on the tour with 5 bands instead of 4 (Symphony X being the extra band) but for one night only.  I'm sure you could come to some sort of arrangement for one night only in the UK?

Mike... now that's a great idea!
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

tomskerous

If that line up (and to be honest that font) is trying to be all that's best in prog right now, you're best off out of it!

(YMMV obviously)
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

Bokkie

Quote from: "tomskerous"If that line up (and to be honest that font) is trying to be all that's best in prog right now, you're best off out of it!

(YMMV obviously)
I have to agree.
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

Mouse

I still wouldn't put Opeth down as Prog. They just don't seem that way inclined.

Ooooh, look at me being all elitist!  :shock:  Mellotrons and hobbits for the win!  :P  (Idon'tmeanitIdon'tmeanitIdon'tmeanitIdon'tmeanit...)

Geetar

Quote from: "Jem"And "no regrets" is my motto anyway. I was offered it and I turned it down. I'll deal.

I have a feeling that you've barely got out of first gear yet.

Wembley awaits, mate.
This space for sale.

Valhall

Been holding on to my tix for Paris for a good two months now. Can't wait to see the guys again...

And it's bollocks indeed not having Frost* performing in our beautiful city. But I secretly light some smelly peacock-scented candles in my basement every Progday and pray for that day to happen...
But then again, who am I to complain ? I already witnessed my dream bill unfold in a million beautiful colours of sound and love right in front of me not a week ago  :mrgreen:

I guess I just can't help myself... I need more ! Jem, Mike, you puzzling perverts, you turned me into an addict ! How am I supposed to live now ?!

EDIT : well... All that action turned me into a fruity Garibaldi too... Maybe that will prove to be compensation enough.
...Whatever.

Ecosse

Quote from: "Mouse"I still wouldn't put Opeth down as Prog. They just don't seem that way inclined.

Every band on the lineup is Prog, they just may not be Prog Rock.

Opeth - Prog Metal
Unexpect - Prog Folk Metal (thats how I'd class it anyway)
Bigelf - Pure unadulterated Prog Rock

Been checking out the other guys on the lineup since hearing about them, and I'm REALLY digging Bigelf.

Opeth & Unexpect are pretty cool in their own way too, will be an interesting and diverse one anyway IMO.
| Chris |
Twitter

Mouse

Point well made, sir!  :)

It's a shame the UK aren't getting Zappa Plays Zappa like the US are. ...Actually, it's not that big a shame as Porcupine Tree are playing Leeds the same day as the Manchester gig. I'd hate to have my choice made even harder by Dweezil and chums.

Ecosse

Oh yeah, I'd MUCH rather see the US tour lineup, Beardfish & Pain Of Salvation are awesome and I would have LOVED to have seen them live.
| Chris |
Twitter

weezul

got my tickets for manchester! Hate the city and the venue but its the easiest to get to. Leeds on the other hand was a really nice city and a great venue

FantomG

QuoteOh yeah, I'd MUCH rather see the US tour lineup, Beardfish & Pain Of Salvation are awesome and I would have LOVED to have seen them live.

Looks like there's news that those two bands have had to pull out due to trouble at their Record label  :shock: ....and being replaced by Bigelf and an instrumental group "Scale The Summit"  according to Mike Portnoy.

Black Clouds and Silver Linings indeed

Valhall

Yeah, this SPV fiasco is really starting to affect the whole Inside Out roster...

I'm not one to usually deviate into swearing, but this shit seriously sucks ass.
...Whatever.

Ecosse

Me & 2 gig buddies have got our tickets for this Sunday, any other Scottish Frosties making it?
| Chris |
Twitter

Pajter

I just saw the PN09 tour yesterday in Rotterdam.

Unexpect was really not for me. Absolutely hated it.

Bigelf was getting there. Kinda boring in my opinion...

Opeth kicked ASS! There's really not much more I can say.

Dream Theater had a crap setlist, and didn't really catch my attention. Although I've been a Dream Theater fan for years, I'll have to say that Opeth was my favorite of the evening. Killer set, killer playing, and best sound of all the bands.

Gah I hate big halls. Kick drums sounding like bombs going off and reverberating for half an hour. :(

Ecosse

Unexpect were very poor, each member is very good at what they do, just together they sound guff.

Bigelf were superb, really got the crowd going, liked them alot.

Opeth were pish, really REALLY boring to listen to, left half way through their set as I was that bored.

DT were superb as always, really solid 2 hours of playing, thought it was a good setlist too.

A Nightmare to Remember
A Rite of Passage
Hollow Years
JR Keyboard Solo
Erotomania
Voices
Solitary Shell
Take the Time
Encore: The Count of Tuscany
| Chris |
Twitter