The 4%ers

Started by Bert, June 25, 2009, 04:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Has anyone else noticed, amongst the real ale drinking prog fraternity (no stereotypes from me, oh no :-) ) the new lager paradigm, namely the emergence of 4% lagers ?

In my neck of the woods, yer normal lager (Carlsberg, Heinekin, Fosters et al) are known as "dancing" lager, whilst your Stella's, Export, 1664 etc are known as "fighting" lager.

Which begs the question, as I sit here in 27C and 55% humidity, as to what these interim lagers should be called ?

I have to say, I'm a bit of a fan - all that fighting lager taste without the face removing hangover potential (dependant on quaffage of course).
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Mouse

MikeEvs

Aren't your afore mentioned dancing lagers all around the 4% mark though

Big Black Shed

Quote from: "Bert"Stella's, Export, 1664 etc are known as "fighting" lager.

Those are known as liquid turret's in my house. 1 pint turns me in to a right c***. Not nice.
It's not the winning or even taking part. It's the arsing about that counts.

RWA

Quote from: "Mouse"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aED4N1nBeA

Watch around the one minute mark.  :D
Some great items on sale there!  :lol:

Hedgehog

All such items referred to by my friends and I as ' liquid fun. '
" It\'s not easy keeping someone trapped in your granny\'s flat..................... "

johninblack

Quote from: "Bert"Which begs the question, as I sit here in 27C and 55% humidity, as to what these interim lagers should be called ?

Pisswater?
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Mouse

Quote from: "johninblack"[img]
Quote from: "Bert"Which begs the question, as I sit here in 27C and 55% humidity, as to what these interim lagers should be called ?

Pisswater?

:lol:  I must say, I do find most lagers taste like that to me. I do like Budweiser, but I'm primarily a Guinness drinker. (When I'm not being a fairy and just stick to Coca-Cola.)