How much are your free Macs?......

Started by Renters, June 26, 2009, 02:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renters

My son is going to be a musician, Hurrah!  He enrols on BTEC Diploma course in music at Kingston College in September.  They use Logic, which is an Apple only programme, and he will be greatly advantaged by having a Mac at home.  Bought one off Ebay but it is under spec'd (doh!) and wont work Logic 8.  So, has anyone got an old G4 power mac(MDD version, one of the last ones with dual 1.25mhz processors or better) or G5 (imac or power) laying around collecting dust and would like to sell it to me please?   :)
That's jazz.  Jazz is weird...

rogerg

Renters

Roger

Lightening response, I thank you.  Prices are in $ not £, think the shipping might prove prohibitive and I'm not sure I can be bothered!!

Many thanks anyway.

Kevin

EVP

I would imagine he could apply for academic pricing no?

rogerg

Quote from: "Renters"Roger

Lightening response, I thank you.  Prices are in $ not £, think the shipping might prove prohibitive and I'm not sure I can be bothered!!

Many thanks anyway.

Kevin

true, but the conversion rate from $ to £ would definitely work in your favor!

Mouse

Quote from: "EVP"I would imagine he could apply for academic pricing no?

Most places UK based seem to offer a discount for academic purposes. When the time comes for me to get an M-Box and Pro Tools, I'll definitely be barking up that tree.  :)

Edit: Don't know if you've looked at these yet, but there're Macs on Digital Village and Sounds Live. They look pretty expensive, but I think both of them do an academic discount, although I don't know how much that would be. Sorry if this ground has already been covered!

Renters

Guys

Thanks for your replies.  I haven't heard of academic pricing on hardware, software ye, but worth enquiring about.  Would I get it on secondhand/refurbished kit?  Again, worth asking the question.

Truly grateful for your interest.

K