Korg Wavestation EX

Started by JimD, July 10, 2009, 12:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimD

Hello

I just bought one of these.  Anyone know of good tales/resources/tricks/things I should know about it?

Jim
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Jem

Nice synth, good choice mate. The backlights on EX's were their only weak spot much like the stereo outputs on Trinity's.

Does it have the vocoder or was that just the AD version?

tomskerous

Ah, just *how* much did I covet a Wavestation A/D when I were a lad...
I was a victim of goose-flirting the other day.
This bleeding great goose came up to me and wanted a light.
I said no.
Goose, there\'ll be no flirting today.

THUNDERFROG!!!!!!!!

catherine

Quote from: "Jem"Does it have the vocoder or was that just the AD version?

There was a synth with Alzheimer's Disease?  :shock:

JimD

No vocoder as far as I can see, but then, no manual either, so who knows?  Certainly no backlight.  In fact, it dint even come with a kettle lead to get it powered up.  But when I did get it sparked up (borrowed one off the printer), I found ZZ Lead, and have since been legato-ing all over the place.
About Me
Secret line! Who can see this? PM me!

Jem

Quote from: "JimD"I found ZZ Lead, and have since been legato-ing all over the place.
:lol:  Good innit?

EVP

What about the ADD version?  

What were we talking about?

FantomG

I bought one of these about 20 years ago and its just wonderful ...still can't bear to part with it, even though I got a copy of the software version (after seeing Jem's Blog).

Also, seeing Genesis on the last tour in 2007, Tony Banks was still using one too!

Back light is starting to dim a bit ( the one on my Korg 01R/W has gone completely - more a Black light machine) ..but on e-bay I've seen replacements for circa £30 ...so that is an option.

Enjoy, indeed ;oD

catherine

Quote from: "EVP"What about the ADD version?  

They come with Attention Deficit Disorder as well?  :shock:

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "catherine"

They come with Attention Deficit Disorder as well?  :shock:

Nevermind that, did you know that composer David Braham began playing the violin because he could not fit his harp on a stagecoach?
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

catherine

Quote from: "Gandalf1986"Nevermind that, did you know that composer David Braham began playing the violin because he could not fit his harp on a stagecoach?

That seems eminently sensible to me.

I've long been relieved that my older son is learning the easily portable clarinet rather than the more unwieldy double bass or tuba! And I've watched in awe as the mother of a local harpist helps her son get this ENORMOUS harp out of the back of her Range Rover for orchestra practice. A stagecoach simply wouldn't suffice.

landslug

Ooooh!  A shiny thing!   :D