The Forget You Song - sound issues

Started by Pajter, July 14, 2009, 10:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gareth

I'm sure most of us would rather hear it in 'rudimentary form' than nothing at all.
(Personally I still get little chills hearing that snippet of 1976 in the DVD menu and i'm still hoping that sees the light of day someday soon!)

I don't think anyone's really complaining and getting genuinely upset by this, Jem! Just having an innocent discussion about it.

I haven't forgotten that I only paid 5 pounds for it anyway. Exceptional value for money, really. We're just nitpicking mate  ;)

Pajter

Like I said before, I absolutely adore that song. I was just curious and wanted to find out what I was hearing. Now I know it, and I'm not bothered by it anymore. :lol:

Drarok

Quote from: "gareth"(Personally I still get little chills hearing that snippet of 1976 in the DVD menu and i'm still hoping that sees the light of day someday soon!)
You and me both!

Dave M

Quote from: "Jem".... I'd rather the music was out there even in rudimentary form ...  clearly the hoo hah has proved me otherwise. Sorry about that mate...I promise you'll not hear another demo.

ooh now you've gone an' dun it ... no more demo's  :(
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

catherine

Quote from: "Dave M"
Quote from: "Jem".... I'd rather the music was out there even in rudimentary form ...  clearly the hoo hah has proved me otherwise. Sorry about that mate...I promise you'll not hear another demo.

ooh now you've gone an' dun it ... no more demo's  :(

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

DannySoisSage

*yawn* another whine about sound. Why does nobody listen to the fucking music any more?! Its a brilliant song, and much better for sounding 'raw' than sounding 'perfect'. I would rather have a million 'oooh, yeah that would be cool!'s than ten of your finest 'lets massively overproduce this brilliant bit of jiggery pokery until it sounds like EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD's.

Jesus wept.

RacingHippo

I'm with Danny.

But then I'm a drummer so my hearing's forked anyway  :shock:
* May contain nuts.

Pajter

Quote from: "DannySoisSage"*yawn* another whine about sound. Why does nobody listen to the fucking music any more?! Its a brilliant song, and much better for sounding 'raw' than sounding 'perfect'. I would rather have a million 'oooh, yeah that would be cool!'s than ten of your finest 'lets massively overproduce this brilliant bit of jiggery pokery until it sounds like EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD's.

Jesus wept.

Chill out mate. I've said a million times how much I love the song, and that I was curious to find out what happened during the production. I wasn't whining, I was asking. But difference there. :)

Gman

I love demos...I love to hear the difference between the demo version and the finalised version. I'd be a pig in muck if I got to hear more demos from bands I like.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to some of the Level42 demos on the remastered stuff...great to hear them in their pre-perfect state. It's a bit like seeing your kids grow up!

G

Mouse

I agree, but only with certain bands. I don't think I could listen to any Pink Floyd demos. For me, there is only one studio version of Echoes and it's perfect. Still, demos are a great way to see how songs developed and grew. Not for repeated listening, more like an interesting fact you learn.

Geddy Lee

Just to add my ten'penneth worth before they come to make me feel ill for the next few days with my next cycle of chemo, I have to say that I can't hear what anyone is going on about. Sounds bloody excellent to me, you should hear some of the demos of the band I used to be in!!! Or for that matter some of the demos I did all by myself. The drum sound on the ones I did by myself is a ZX81!!! Now that does sound bad!! Believe me!
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego