Casual Affair/Credo 1815 - 1930

Haze 1945 - 2100

Break (30 mins)

Galahad 2130 - 23-00
Ash
xxx

Ash

Matt Fest Saturday 29th August....

Band information (from their myspace pages) and stage times. There will be a BBQ. This is the House of Progression's First All Dayer. If you order tickets now they are £12! On the Door £15. TICKETS PHONE 020 8546 3516....
STAGE TIMES

John Young 1330 – 1415
http://www.myspace.com/johnyoungband

"John Young plays keys and sings for: The Scorpions, Bonnie Tyler, Greenslade and the John Young Band.....
He has also worked with:..Asia.., John Wetton, Fish, The Law, Paul Rodgers, Qango, Uli Jon Roth, Roy Wood, Lucio Battisti, The MTV Band....
John has guested with: George & Ringo, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, Bon Jovi, E.L.O., The Moody Blues, Wishbone Ash, Zucchero, Alexander O'Neal & Van Morrison amongst others. ....
John writes for the JYB, John Wetton, Jon Anderson and Fish." ....

Primitive Instinct 1430 – 1515

http://www.myspace.com/primitiveinstinctuk

.. ..

"Primitive Instinct, or "P.I." as they are affectionately known, are a Classic/Nu Prog/Alternative Rock Band. Hey, call it what you want, but for sure it's pure class. The band was formed in ..Maidstone.. in 1987, and has undergone various transformations over the years, but now down to a nice and trim three-piece. P.I. have released 3 studio albums proper, namely "Ice For Eskimos", "Floating Tangibility" and "Belief", which has recently been spankily re-packaged and is available, along with other goodies, at the band's website. Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter/All Round Good Egg Nick Sheridan writes top rate songs as easily as most of us make a cup of tea. If you don't believe me, take a listen! As the man says, it's all about "Belief".... On top of all this, "P.I." are "not far away" from releasing a brand new studio album to tie-in with their 20th Anniversary this year. A special show is also being lined up to top off the merry-making!! Along with Nick, Bassist Pic has been with the band some 17 years now.... they are indeed a deadly duo! The last 18 months has seen the boys play shows with Wishbone Ash, Stray, The Yardbirds and Karnataka. A few years back John Wetton was highly impressed with the live act - high praise indeed. So join the ride, come with us...you'll never be the same again...."....

.. ..

Summer Indoors 1530 – 1630....

.. ..

http://www.myspace.com/summerindoors

.. ..

"Let's do this backwards...... Summer Indoors packed it in in 1996 due to the pressures of day-to-day life and paying the bills squishing the spirit that had burned so brightly over the previous three years. It had all looked so promising.. A demo tape sent to Nick Barrett of Pendragon was recommended to SI Music in ....Holland.... and lo and behold we had a deal to record an album or two. We played some neat festivals in ....Holland.... leaving the benelux totally baffled... made loads of friends (and, thanks to a few sense-of-humour-bypass situations) a few enemies along the way. Witnessed the greatness that was The Red House in Whitchurch and played at two of their legendary festivals with IQ and Pallas to name but two..... In hindsight breaking up was the best option because we stayed friends..... we certainly wouldn't have if we had ploughed on relentless....... A summer Indoors reunion has been bubbling under for a while now and when Matt Ellis asked us to play at The Peel in ....Kingston.... on August 29th it was just the push we needed..... We haven't got much rehearsal time but we plan to have a blast.... after this.. who knows.......?????"....

Final Conflict 1645 – 1800....

http://www.myspace.com/finalconflictmusic

"Over the last two years F.C have gigged extensively both in the UK and abroad, and continue to generate an increasingly substantial fan base both in the live arena and on the internet: Via MySpace (www.myspace.com/fincalconflictmusic) and the band's official website (www.fc-music.com)

F.C's success was acknowledged in 2007, when they were nominated in 5 categories at The Classic Rock Society's BOTY awards. They were voted second best band and Henry Rogers was second best drummer. In 2008, at the same awards, they were presented with the MD's award by Steve Hackett of Genesis. ..February 23rd 2009.. will see the release of F.C's first live DVD and CD. They are grateful to Metal Minds Productions for providing them with the opportunity to do this. The DVD & CD are entitled "Another Moment in Time"

The band are currently back in Gaolhouse studios writing their next album entitled "Return of The Artisan" and hope to release this in Autumn 2009."....

Casual/Credo 1815 – 1930....

.. ..

http://www.myspace.com/distinctlyacasualaffair

.. ..

"Fronted by Credo vocalist Mark Colton, featuring Mike Mishra on guitar, Carl Sampson on drums, Neil 'Mr Ploppy' Matthars on bass and Barry Nuthall ..keyboards. The band was a regular name on the west ....London.... pub circuit in late 80's and early 90's. Originally formed by Mark Colton and Mike Mishra in 1985 with the addition of Neil Matthars on bass after a successful audition which saw the genesis of tracks that are still in the set today! The band was further augmented by keyboard player Barry Nuthall after early demo recordings saw the band including keys to expand and enhance their sound The band went through a couple of name changes (Liar / Dirty Tryx) and a few personnel changes and (for better or worse) settled on the name 'Casual Affair' (check out the lyrics on Marillions' 'She Chameleon' on Fugazi)"....

http://www.myspace.com/credogb

"For most of us, Credo is one of those English bands you've heard about but haven't heard. It's time to change that. Rhetoric offers little in the way of innovation, it pushes no envelopes, and it won't challenge anyone. But it's a bloody fine listen, and if Credo's style of progressive rock appeals to you, this record is - quite simply - a must-have.....
Imagine a polished, modern-day, brilliantly mixed and produced version of Fish-era Marillion. Yes, kids, it's neo-progressive rock. And no, kids, that isn't a dirty word. It's a little lighter than Marillion, though, and similar bands that spring to mind are Arena and IQ, particularly because along with Fish, those acts feature powerful, angst-ridden vocals delivering lyrics that actually mean something. Each song tells a story that you can follow, and the listening experience is considerably enriched if you read the prose while listening."....

Haze 1945 – 2100....

http://www.myspace.com/hazeuk....

The British neo-progressive band Haze was formed in 1978 by Chris and Paul McMahon. The ..Sheffield.. group remained quite inconspicuous during its ten-year existence, playing all but a few dates inside the ....U.K..... and releasing only two true albums, both of which were vinyl-only. Within ....Great Britain...., however, Haze was popular to a small cult of fans, which followed the band for over 500 live performances -- usually reached by means of an old beat-up ambulance.

Varied lineup changes kept the group from accomplishing much before 1983, but by the following year, the McMahons had set up the Gabadon label and released C'est la Vie. The following two years brought a frenzied touring schedule, and the release of two cassette-only albums, Cellar Replay (1985) and the live Wart's 'N All (1986). Haze's final album, Stoat & Bottle, was issued in 1987, and the band broke up a year later. In 1996, the Kinesis label released a best-of entitled In the End. ~ John Bush, All Music Guide
After Haze, the McMahon brothers played in World Turtle, who released 2 CDs on Cyclops Records, and Chris McMahon played in Von Daniken, who released 2 CDs, one on Cyclops, the 2nd on Gabadon Records.

Haze reformed for their 20th anniversary in 1998 with a concert at the Boardwalk, ..Sheffield.., which was released as a double CD on Cyclops Records.
They have since gigged intermittently, including 2 brief European tours, but band memebers are currently busy with other projects, Treebeard & The Outlandish Knights (Chris, Paul & Paul Chisnell), Silverwheel(Chris & Paul McMahon) & Strongheart (Chris McMahon).
Haze are planning to get back together for a 30th anniversary concert in 2008.

Break (30 mins)....

Galahad 2130 -23-00....

http://www.myspace.com/galahaduk

"Galahad has been in existence in some shape or form since 1985, releasing many albums and performing hundreds of live shows throughout their career. Although never managing mainstream success, the band has a sizeable underground following all over the world."....

This is the House of Progression's First All Dayer. If you order tickets now they are £12! On the Door £15. TICKETS PHONE 020 8546 3516....
Ash
xxx

Ash

If this day goes well it will be the first of such days  :D
Ash
xxx

Mick

So lets all be there :mrgreen:

Ash

Ash
xxx

robh

I'm looking forward to it.  I haven't been to the Peel in ages (Manning at the beginning of Ju ne, I believe).

Ash

Ash
xxx

Mick

So get your arses down there and get drunk listening to prog all day  :mrgreen:

Ash

Won't you all be glad when Mick and I stop promoting this event  ;)
Ash
xxx

Mick

Quote from: "Sarah"Won't you all be glad when Mick and I stop promoting this event  ;)

Till the next one :mrgreen:

Ash

I'll be leaving that down to you good Sir, I was only doing the progsausagefest.

So anyway,

it was a fabulous day, the bands were great, my photos on facebook and photobucket.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s295 ... 0_4125.jpg
Ash
xxx