Main Menu

Where's Jem?

Started by XeRocks81, August 02, 2009, 04:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

Have done the whole 'falling out of immediate love' with a band myself - in fact even fell out of love with playing at all for a while - but rest assured the excitement and enthusiasm does return and in some ways is better for the 'holiday'.

And we'll all be here when it does!!!!!

Great news about TPE too!!!!!
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

LivingForever

I think I speak for precisely 2 forum members when I say - Jem, if you chose to use all your gadgets and gizmos to make some nice modern-sounding, electro-mashy thing then that's possibly even better than another prog album.
 :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

ChrisX

Quote from: "LivingForever"I think I speak for precisely 2 forum members when I say - Jem, if you chose to use all your gadgets and gizmos to make some nice modern-sounding, electro-mashy thing then that's possibly even better than another prog album.

An all out, no-holds-barred powerpop album under a different moniker then Frost but if at all possible with the same crew would be terrific.
--
Christian
"Remember what\'s been given, not taken away" - Brett Kull (Echolyn)

gr8gonzo

I'd welcome a Frost*-free non-prog powerpop project by one J and friends.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

D S

I'm still waiting for 'Thunderfrog: The Album'....
Come on, you\'re a lion!

EvilDragon

I thought Frost* was powerpop prog anyway? :P :P

Mouse

I thought it was just bloody good music.  ;)  Good to know that everything's running smoothly over at Cube Towers (we'll have to get used to not saying that soon). As for three inch bogie, that's nothing! When I was going through my seasonal hayfever stage...

Well, lets just say it was like Prog - drawn out, overblown and after 30 minutes of it you'd wish it'd end.  :P

Trapezium Artist

I'd be equally happy with something more in the ambient direction, similar to the ending of "The Secret Song", perhaps taking in a bit of Eno's "Music for Airports" via Sylvian and Czukay's "Plight and Premonition" and "Flux + Mutability", all three firm favourites in the genre for me.

And an opera in three acts based on the Big Bang, the Dark Ages, and the Epoch of Reionisation. Please. I'll proof-read the libretto  :D

namister

Quote from: "LivingForever"I think I speak for precisely 2 forum members when I say - Jem, if you chose to use all your gadgets and gizmos to make some nice modern-sounding, electro-mashy thing then that's possibly even better than another prog album.

MAke that thrice :)

Mooncat

I think that given that Lord Godfrey has made such an effort to give us an insight to his world in the past that most of us will follow and support his future ventures, even if they are outside of the prog arena.
I for one listen to all sorts of music (in fact I already owned much of Jem's writing work by various artists before I knew about Frost*) and therefore the prospect of some different styles emerging from the "New" Cube is quite exciting.
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

EVP

I'm with ya on the health thing Jem. There's indeed something that happens
when we hit our mid-late 30's and things start their downward spiral.
I found out a few weeks ago that this beta blocker medicine I was taking
for the past 2 years wasn't even necessary and my new Doctor took me
off the stuff.  A few days later I was feeling a million times better. The stuff
made me SO tired and now I feel like a new man and even right now could
run around the block a few times. Now I need to take charge and start
loosing all the weight I put on.

Take a well deserved break. We all need to every once in a while to get life sorted out.
Best of luck with house shopping. But please do post a FROST geek report with the
new gear when you get a chance!

Take care dear sir and enjoy the rest of the summer.

landslug

prog or non-prog, it's all about having a decent song in the first place.

I'll give a listen to anything you come up with, Jem.. and good luck on the physical fitness.

I'm going through that myself at age 46 (Actually I've been 28 for 18 years) and it's really freakin hard! I think I'm doing ok, and then I eat a grain of rice and puff up like a balloon again!   :oops:

Gandalf1986

Quote from: "landslug"prog or non-prog, it's all about having a decent song in the first place.

WORD!
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Geddy Lee

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Some people have Milliontown AND the Britannia High soundtrack.  Not many, mind you, but SOME.
And strangely enough I am ONE of those people. The other funny thing is that I actually LIKE it!
 I'm looking forward to the LIVE album when it comes out, I do hope it's soon, like this year and it doesn't end up like EVERY RUSH albums release where it keps getting put back by a month, then another, then another....ad infinitum.
Soory to hear that Jem has fallen out of love with Prog at the moment, although to be fair I know how hard it can be sometimes. I overdosed so much on YES once ( my second favourite band of all time ) that I couldn't listen to ANY YES for about 3 YEARS! I just hope that this lack of Frost* doesn't go on for too long as there are way too many shite bands out there getting credit for being brill when they are total cack, and only a deaf man with one eye would say otherwise!
Jem, you shoould come round my house and chill! Listen to some of my 1743 cd's...everything from Holst to Slipknot and many places in-between! Lots of Prog but then lots of NOT Prog. Cliff Richard anyone? But as for, as one person put it..."some nice modern sounding electro-mashy thing". NO!! It's just NOT clever at all, really.
 :mrgreen:
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

catherine

Quote from: "Geddy Lee"Cliff Richard anyone?

Ooh, yes please... Miss You Nights is one of my all time fave tracks.