No sports?

Started by ich_bin_besser, August 15, 2009, 01:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nellie

I like Pilates but it's not really a sport, more of a bendy stretchy thingy. I haven't done it for a whole year now so I have a bit extra sitting down fat to shift.
My new Wii Fit is going to sort me out though along with the stress of moving house.
It's in the post!

catherine

So what's your Wii age, Nellie?

Mine's varied from 53  :shock:  :(  to 35  :D  :D

within the last week.

I've discovered a surprising talent for hula-hooping and step, but I'm absolutely rubbish at heading footballs as my instinct is to duck when they come at me. And I've finally got the hang of the ski jump after many, many failed attempts.

Nellie

Quote from: "catherine"So what's your Wii age, Nellie?

within the last week.

I've discovered a surprising talent for hula-hooping and step, but I'm absolutely rubbish at heading footballs as my instinct is to duck when they come at me. And I've finally got the hang of the ski jump after many, many failed attempts.

On Friday night after 3 glasses of wine, I was 50! (Do you find you fall over a lot? It asked  :lol: )
I took the remote to my brother's house today so the boys could play together and left it there so now I'm Wii less until further notice.
I think it's going well so far :lol:
It's in the post!

Bokkie

Quote from: "catherine"So what's your Wii age, Nellie?

within the last week.

Ok,ok..the hoola thing, steps and heading footballs i get, but the ski jumping?? Indoors?
maybe like this: :D  :D
If wishes where horses, we\'re all been eating steak.

catherine

Yes, pretty much like that, Bokkie!
Here's a video...

You have to bend your knees while you're going down the slope and then straighten up once you're in the air - that's if you ever get as far as being in the air in the first place!

Dave M

I wanna see the picture of that guy once he's completed his run to the bottom .... it's only going to end up one way   :D
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

landslug

Quote from: "Dave M"Landslug ... what are 12 ounce curls ?

12 ounces is the size of a US beer can. I try to get in a few reps daily but as Pedders pointed out, it's an excercise in diminishing returns    :D

Gandalf1986

My favorite sport is to throw confetti... :lol:
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

The Cosmic Lawnmower

I raced motocross/enduro's (dirt motorcycles) from around 1977 I think I did my last event in 1993 and being a speed freak thoroughly enjoyed it! I've won my fair share of races and was reasonably fast at my peak, I even managed to be local champ in 1981... I bet if I got on an MXer now I'd be dog slow though!!

I also had a spell doing Tug of War and used to pull (make your own jokes up) for my county side - Isle of Wight. I only did it for a couple of seasons in the mid 80's, but still managed to damage a knee that's never properly recovered. It's a surprisingly tough sport especially at national level, and there is a lot of technique and fitness involved as well as brawn.
We used to smile sometimes when a rugby club would field a team of great big blokes and we'd just pull them straight over... all down to technique.

Geetar

Quote from: "SerFox"I've been practising quite a bit of Parkour in spare time.

Accidents? Always when I tried something outside of my ability,

I thought you had somewhat limited vision, old chap.

Wouldn't that therefore place ....er....not killing yourself.......outside your ability?

I was a fencer, incidentally. Now, like so many of us, I'm training with the 12 oz arm-curl team.
This space for sale.