Where did Wedding Day sit?

Started by SerFox, August 15, 2009, 10:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

I actually want to add it to Milliontown. I really like it, it's a very pretty song. But I have no idea where to put it in... I can only think to put it before Milliontown after BLM but I dunno.

Did it ever have a place before it got kicked off the album?

Charrs  :D

*EDIT* God damn that formant sweep make sme wanna yawn EVERY TIME! >.<

"Will be the.. *yaaaaaaaaaawn* same.."

Jem

Hmmm, v good question.

It didn't make it largely because of the difficulties of sequencing it into Milliontown (as an album), it was one two many slow songs. But... if it HAD to go on, I think you're right, it would have gone apres BLM and pre M-town...

So, full marks to the Fox. You have fine A+R ears sir!  :D  :D

Jem

Quote from: "SerFox"*EDIT* God damn that formant sweep make sme wanna yawn EVERY TIME! >.<
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Me too!

SerFox

Hooray! *sticks gold star on forehead*

Now where would Broadband Tom fit in EIMA...

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "eponymous"I even have a playlist version that substitutes "Bluebug" for "Snowman" and, somewhat awkwardly, includes "Saltaire" before "Milliontown".  :D

Bluebug? That's one I haven't heard of before, eponymous, despite having a pretty good (I thought complete) collection of outtakes etc. A link would be nice ...

On Wedding Day, I think that's a wonderful track: very special. Will try it between BLM and M-town to see how it fits ...

Mouse

Quote from: "eponymous"Ah.  Apparently it was Mice Pace.  See //http://frost.informe.com/the-little-i-saw-of-cuba-dt1817.html?highlight=bluebug

Cor, one look at vkamicht's old avatar and I feel a sudden urge to listen to Jefferson Airplane. The colours...  :lol:

Pajter

Are all these "old toys" still online somewhere? I searched the entire (old) forum yesterday, but could only find broken links. :(

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "eponymous"Ah.  Apparently it was Mice Pace.  See //http://frost.informe.com/the-little-i-saw-of-cuba-dt1817.html?highlight=bluebug

Interesting; thanks, eponymous.

That said, the old forum posting opens up a couple of follow-on questions:

1. What's the difference between The Man with the 2.4 (which I have) and The Man with 3.4 (which Jem mentions in the quote in the post you linked to)?

2. What were Drajista and Bassoon (the latter word featuring strongly in The Man with the 2.4, of course) as tracks?

It'd be good to see if we could set up a permanent and as complete as possible collection of these outtakes and extras somewhere on the web, if Jem would be willing. Many are simply brilliant and deserve to be heard.

Trapezium Artist

Seems to me that ultimately these things might sit most naturally on the Toys page of this website, if Jem would be willing.

Obviously, time and effort (and a left hand) might be needed to set it all up, which is no doubt difficult, but I wonder if access might be given to Pablo or someone else to do it as a, err, public service  :D

johninblack

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Seems to me that ultimately these things might sit most naturally on the Toys page of this website, if Jem would be willing.

Obviously, time and effort (and a left hand) might be needed to set it all up, which is no doubt difficult, but I wonder if access might be given to Pablo or someone else to do it as a, err, public service  :D
I have webspace and unlimited bandwidth.......

And enough html to sort it out.
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

Drarok

Then I shall post my collection in this thread too: http://drarok.com/frost

There's a few gubbins in there more than once, and some stuff isn't frost at all, but connected (Rick.Burn's stuff, for example).

I too have plenty of space and bandwidth, but it would be nice to have it on the official site. :)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "johninblack"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Seems to me that ultimately these things might sit most naturally on the Toys page of this website, if Jem would be willing.

I have webspace and unlimited bandwidth.......

And enough html to sort it out.

Sounds like a deal, JIB (as long as Jem is ok with it).

For what's it's worth, here's the list of non-Milliontown and EIMA tracks (and excepting live stuff from Myspace, Youtube, etc.) that I have in iTunes, in whatever order iTunes has picked this evening:

Five Four Noodle, Core, Chosen Few, The Little I Saw of Cuba, Music in the Typewriting Room, Within Without, Weeding Day, Raining in My Heart, Milliontown (test mix), The Man With the 2.4, I Wish You Were Here, I Miss You, Heroes Ending (cut section), Here Is The News (original mix), Fit, Finale, Broadband Tom, BIGsmall, Afraid of Summer, Walk Human, Dogheater, Marsupial, Envy Cow, Saltaire, Snowman (demo), Summerhouse (Freefall), Hellstate (Freefall), Derek (Freefall).

Again, with Jem's permission, I can make these available to JIB's "to be constructed" website: I'd greatly appreciate hearing if there's anything I'm missing ...

Trapezium Artist

Oops, double-posted by accident: deleted second one.

johninblack

So long as Jem's ok with it I'm happy to do it. I'll PM him tomorrow as I'm desperate for bed, have to be up at 05:45 a whole hour later than usual when on earlies, YAY!!
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"