Where did Wedding Day sit?

Started by SerFox, August 15, 2009, 10:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro

That's a link, BTW. I wondered if all were aware of both threads.
Drarok has done a great service to the Frost*iverse.  :D
Question of adding to Official site still remains.
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Yup: seen Drarok's post and webpage now: well done, sir.

But there are a few things missing from there that I have (Five Four Noodle, Music in the Typewriting Room, The Little I Saw of Cuba, the Freefall tracks, perhaps some others), so we still need to try and get this as complete as possible.

There are also some naming differences: Drarok's "The Feeding" seems to be the same as "Envy Cow" from my collection, for example. Which need to try and sort these out.

Also, it'd be nice to have something a little more than a barebones webpage, with some short description of what each is as far as possible.

(Apologies for the cross-posting, but since we weirdly started two simultaneous threads on this ...  :D )

catherine

Pajter

Drarok's website isn't working for me. It's just a blank page. I've been staring at it for hours now, but nothing appears. :cry:

rogerg

Quote from: "Pajter"Drarok's website isn't working for me. It's just a blank page. I've been staring at it for hours now, but nothing appears. :cry:

works fine for me.   :?

MikeEvs

Quote from: "rogerg"
Quote from: "Pajter"Drarok's website isn't working for me. It's just a blank page. I've been staring at it for hours now, but nothing appears. :cry:

works fine for me.   :?

Didn't work for me earlier but does now

Drarok

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Also, it'd be nice to have something a little more than a barebones webpage, with some short description of what each is as far as possible.

The reason for Pajter's trouble is that I 'd read Trapezium Artist's post, and set up a slightly less bare version, which allows me to bung info under each file.

I'd gladly build something a little nicer, but don't want to tread on JiB's toes if he's thought up something to make.

I could pretty quickly knock together a community-powered site. Allow people to upload files, add a description, perhaps tag them (Video, Music, etc).

Just say the word. :)

SerFox

Oh and FYI Cuba, Typwriting room and Te Little I Saw of Cuba are located here on the official frost* site. Click TOYS at the top, to the left of THE VIEW FROM THE CUBE.

:)

Pajter

Drarok

Quote from: "SerFox"Oh and FYI Cuba, Typwriting room and Te Little I Saw of Cuba are located here on the official frost* site. Click TOYS at the top, to the left of THE VIEW FROM THE CUBE.

:)

Ooh, ta. Added to the collection. I know I've heard them before, and I even have 05cuba.mp3 in my Downloads folder. Just never got around to moving it into the Frost folder, I presume.

Drarok

Probably should create a new thread for this, but depends if it takes off...

I've bodged together a really basic idea of what I was thinking of, should be available at //http://frost.drarok.com/ - the idea is people could upload their own creations, tag them as "Community", or something. All the old Toys could collect there, everyone could edit the descriptions of the files like a wiki (all history of edits would be kept), all that kinda jazz.

What do we think? Daft idea? Suggestions? Go go go! :)

Mouse

It all sounds great, except I'll have no clue how to do any of it.  :lol:  A Frost*ies site run by and built by Frost*ies is a very cool idea, though. I like!  :D