Wives/girlfriends

Started by H3WMW, August 19, 2009, 12:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geetar

Mi timberz is shiverd alredy......
This space for sale.

Mouse

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"But Mouse, you're a progfan and thus far more imaginative and creative: I think you should eschew the simplistic peacock approach, and take your inspiration from the astonishing lyre bird:

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HatwDWfnkbA

Do watch the whole thing: it's well worth it  :D

What an amazing bird! So, following in it's style, all I have to do is walk around with a Mood synth and widdle away until success? I'd be up for it if someone could supply the Moog.  8-)

Mouse

Anyways, I've already got me a bird.  ;)

(Apologies: I know I've posted this before, but I couldn't find the original.)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Mouse"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"But Mouse, you're a progfan and thus far more imaginative and creative: I think you should eschew the simplistic peacock approach, and take your inspiration from the astonishing lyre bird:

//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HatwDWfnkbA

Do watch the whole thing: it's well worth it  :D

What an amazing bird! So, following in it's style, all I have to do is walk around with a Mood synth and widdle away until success? I'd be up for it if someone could supply the Moog.  8-)

I think "widdly" as an adjective is perfectly ok in the current context, but "widdle" as a verb may well act to reduce rather than increase your chances  :D

Then again, I hear tell that there are some people who like that kind of thing and knowing the internet, there's got to be at least a chance you'd find a group whose kick is performing synchronised golden showers in time to ELP's Pictures at an Exhibition  :shock:

Mouse

Moderators, help save the innocent...  :lol:

Geetar

Nonsense, this is a prog forum. We've all done....questionable things.

There are no innocents here.
This space for sale.

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Geetar"Nonsense, this is a prog forum. We've all done....questionable things.

Oh, how right you are, Geetar; how very right  :D

After all, Mouse, if we older duffers can't offer you the fruits of our experience, there is surely little left for us. Soylent Green beckons ...

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"
Quote from: "Geetar"Nonsense, this is a prog forum. We've all done....questionable things.

After all, Mouse, if we older duffers can't offer you the fruits of our experience, there is surely little left for us. Soylent Green beckons ...

You may consider yourself an "older duffer", TA, but I prefer to think of myself as young and vibrant!

And, to Geetar I say, "You may think so if you wish, but I couldn't possibly comment."

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"

You may consider yourself an "older duffer", TA, but I prefer to think of myself as young and vibrant!

And, to Geetar I say, "You may think so if you wish, but I couldn't possibly comment."

The words "consider" and "think" didn't play a part in my original words, Catherine: an older duffer is simply what I am  :D

I'd love to think otherwise, but I find it easier to exceed (my own) expectations if I start from reality and work backwards, rather than suffer the consequences of shattered illusions.

Besides, I quite like being an older duffer: Rick Wakeman is my role model  :lol:

catherine

Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Besides, I quite like being an older duffer: Rick Wakeman is my role model  :lol:

Don't tell me: it's the sparkly capes that are the main appeal!

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"
Quote from: "Trapezium Artist"Besides, I quite like being an older duffer: Rick Wakeman is my role model  :lol:

Don't tell me: it's the sparkly capes that are the main appeal!

Actually, truth be told, today's reason would the second half of his live keyboard solo on Yessongs, which I've been listening to in the car for the first time in decades. The first half is cheesy, but the second half is brilliant.

My god, Yes were a fantastic live band back in the 70s: raw and yet precise, hungry and talented, completely in the moment but timeless. Reminded me once more why they've always been the definition of progressive music to me; after all, I first started listening to them in about 1973, at their peak.

Sorry, I digress: it's actually Rick's haircut, beard, and white suit combo from the front cover of Rhapsodies that I aspire to  ;)

catherine

And the blue polo-neck sets it off beautifully!

Doesn't he look young in that one! (Still, we all looked a lot younger in 1979...)

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"And the blue polo-neck sets it off beautifully!

Doesn't he look young in that one! (Still, we all looked a lot younger in 1979...)

I was always fascinated (perhaps in a rather perverted way; I can barely remember) by the foil-wrapped people and animals on the cover too ... weird.

Younger in 1979? Oh yes.  'Twas the year I went to university and while moving house recently, I came across all of my university matriculation cards (as well as my cub scout membership card from the 1960s: I'm one hell of a pack rat).

Interesting (and mildly embarrassing) to see the evolution from clean-shaven (and somewhat spotty) despondent youth in year 1, to moustachioed bon viveur in year 2, to full-bearded wise man of the woods in year 3. I can barely believe that they're the same person, let alone that any of them were me  :shock:

Sorry to keep banging on about ancient history, Mouse: for those of us that missed the 1960s, the 1970s were nevertheless special, albeit in a very different way. A different planet.

LivingForever

I guess the answer to everyone's woes is to try and meet someone at a gig of a band you really like!

I can thoroughly recommend this, although I didn't expect it to happen in approximately one million years...  :D
be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

//http://giggingforever.blogspot.com/

Dec

my wife just smiles and says "yes dear, very nice"