Main Menu

Baby TBE

Started by Trapezium Artist, August 28, 2009, 06:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapezium Artist

Just noticed a new front page to the website, at the bottom of which is announced that TBE is now a dad, with The Baby Edwards having entered this mad world this month.

I'm not sure if I've seen this anywhere else on the forum, so am risking having Pedro point me towards previous posts by starting a new thread on this.

In any case, many congratulations to TBE, TBE, and TME (The Mum Edwards): very good news  :D

Gandalf1986

I'd say congratulations to TBE, TME and TTBE! :D
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

Pedro

...and I add my very bestest wishes to the T*E trilogy.
Plus a small gold virtual Frost*erisk for TA for being a lert. Every forum needs lerts. :)
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "Pedro"...and I add my very bestest wishes to the T*E trilogy.
Plus a small gold virtual Frost*erisk for TA for being a lert. Every forum needs lerts. :)

Ooh, Pedro sez I didn't screw up: lert, lert  :D

Then again, Definition #5 from the Urban Dictionary (//http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lert) is more than slightly baffling:

The state of being in which your left breast has been ripped off and is flappping the wind due to being struck by the American Dream in the form of a convertible.

:shock:

catherine

Newsflash: TA has reconstructive surgery to repair his recent attack of lertness but it all went tragically wrong and he now looks like Jordan...

Trapezium Artist

Quote from: "catherine"Newsflash: TA has reconstructive surgery to repair his recent attack of lertness but it all went tragically wrong and he now looks like Jordan...

That's just so wrong. So, so wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself, Catherine, for implanting that image in everyone's brain.

catherine

Sorry, TA, my hand must have slipped.

Mouse

Struggling to regain control of a crashing thread, a super massive awesome huge congratulations to the The Family Edwards!  :D

EVP

Awesome Andy and wife! Congrats to bringing your first new little drum bot into the world.
I'm sure she'll follow in his dad's footsteps

*EDIT* oops sorry! I thought they had a boy for some strange reason....

gr8gonzo

Yes, congrats to TFE on their new baby goyl.
...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

rogerg

indeed!  congratulations!!!

Geetar

Wonderful news indeed.

incidentally, though I don't have anything but a lump of anecdotal evidence to go on, I believe great drummers have generally produced more musically talented children than great guitarists. A drummer friend of mine reeled out a huge list of drummers' kids years ago who had gone on to become respected musicians of all types.

I think it's a question of seriousness and discipline. Most guitarists lack discipline, with honourable exceptions for Pat Metheny (too serious for words) Robert Fripp (who has "Discipline" written all the way through him like a stick of rock) and, of course, Frank Zappa ( Dweezil, demonstrably, has some musical talent, I would say- have any of you heard "Zappa plays Zappa"?). Discipline is, I reckon, a large formative part of musical talent, and TBE would seem to have plenty of that.

Anyway, here's to TBE and his own little band-in-the-making :D
This space for sale.

Trapezium Artist

Yes, err, sorry for almost derailing this thread, Mouse (especially since I started it  :D )

But, in Frost* tradition, I shall do so again, a little, by noting a interesting video on TBE's blog. No, not showing the birth of the new TBE (not something I need to watch on YouTube, although not out of squeamishness, since I was right there at the birth of both of my kids), but rather a bit of an ad for his Kidderminster College music course:

//http://andyedwardsmusic.blogspot.com/2009/07/kidderminster-academy-of-music.html

Well worth watching until the minute and a half, where Andy and his pretty talented students (IMHO) give it some considerable leather. Excellent stuff ...

MrsJiB

Congratulations indeed to the Edwards family on their arrival. Yes, I know it's a bit late but we were on hols in the depths of North Devon with no wi-fi  and no computer to find it! :D  :D