Line 6 POD-farm: FREE DOWNLOAD in September

Started by RWA, September 02, 2009, 08:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWA

It is! September!

Mighty nice of them! --> http://line6.com/news/offers/864
Does require a Line 6 device of any kind (a POD or audio interface, whatever) or an iLok. But that was the case anyhow. The package is free this month!  :D

SerFox

Pedro

D'Oh!
Variax and Variax Workbench....nothing qualifying....  :(
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

SerFox

Okay it..did nothing... Gearbox is identical.. do I have to go download the POD Farm software?

Gonna try that...

Maybe it's because I'm pissed as a fart right now...

Trapezium Artist

You guys are speaking in tongues, I tell you!

So sayeth the music lover, not (unfortunately) the music creator ...  :(

(Still, if you'd just spent the evening I just did with my space flight manager chums, I can't help but thinking you'd be drowning in our acronym soup as well ... especially since after the third glass of wine and second of cognac, I'm not quite sure we know quite where our satellites are headed anymore ...  :D )

RWA

Quote from: "Pedro"D'Oh!
Variax and Variax Workbench....nothing qualifying....  :(
I reckon. I guess you need one of their devices that can act as a soundcard; stuff like GuitarPort, POD, the usb interface. Everything really EXCEPT a Variax and a Workbench!  :roll:

So far I only got it to work using my POD-XT as the audio interface. I always root the audio to my Tascam soundcard and record it but that doesn't seem to work with POD-Farm. Seems this software needs a huge f*ck off dongle.

I start to understand the giveaway reason. I mean, it's great stuff but only works in combination and only through one of their hardware devices.

Oh well, it's free!  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "SerFox"Okay it..did nothing... Gearbox is identical.. do I have to go download the POD Farm software?
Yes you silly twat! To use POD farm you need to download POD farm!
Activation goes with the Monkey software.

Good luck!  :)

EVP

I opted for the ilok version myself even though I have a PODxt Live. I decided I'd rather have
the pocket sized dongle than a gigantic one. Apparently it works both ways,but it 'sees'
the ilok first. If you unplug your ilok it's suppose to work off the hardware.

The only problem using ilok is that you don't get to use the extra model packs on your POD.
If you unplug your ilok then you of course can't use all of the other plugins licensed on it.

DOH!  Mind you I haven't actually tried this yet. I've only heard about it from the Gearslutz forum.

They should have offered a cheap upgrade to POD Farm Platinum for POD users who have
all of the model packs.

SerFox

Quote from: "RWA"
Quote from: "SerFox"Okay it..did nothing... Gearbox is identical.. do I have to go download the POD Farm software?
Yes you silly twat! To use POD farm you need to download POD farm!
Activation goes with the Monkey software.

Good luck!  :)

I eventually got it, because it appeared in Optional Upgrades I thought it was just extras for gearbox, yet it turned out to be a brand new bit of kit :D I spent about an hour pissing about with the 'Albatross' patch pretending I was Danny Kirwan  :lol:

Pedro

*begins gear-lusting after Pod X3 Live  :roll:

FantomG

Thanks RWA for the link....just downloaded the iLok version and it's really neat! ...
Just need some Steven Wilson 'tones' now ;oD

Thanks again,

:D

D S

Quote from: "Pedro"*begins gear-lusting after Pod X3 Live  :roll:
And rightly so!  Best multi-effects unit I've ever owned by far and I've had a few.  I don't take any other effects out to practices now, just the X3 Live.  Not the cheapest but well worth it.

Ooh, I've just become a Tunnocks Tea Cake!  :P
Come on, you\'re a lion!

Pedro