BLM solo difficulties :/

Started by EvilDragon, September 06, 2009, 09:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerFox

Quote from: "EvilDragon"You're missing several vibratos and some notes by the end weren't exactly correct. If you have Guitar Pro 4 (or even a demo) you can open the tab from my original post to get you going.... that is, if you wish to learn the solo note-by-note. I'm not at my PC right now so that tab isn't updated with final version... I will do that in about 10 hours when I'm back, and if you want I can post a MIDI file, too.

Or I can post a REALLY REALLY SLOW audio version of the solo played part-by-part. State your wish, mister! :)

I know I'm missing the vibrato, as I said, I wanted to get the bend articulations perfect before adding them, same goes for the last notes, not attempting the fast runs until I'm happy.

I'm on a Mac and I don't think I can get Guitar Pro for my Mac, and I'm not a huge fan of it. Much prefer something in Sibelius.

A slower version would be very helpful, since I'm really not good at fast runs. I'm only just delving into solo's, been mainly focusing on harmony and song composition, making elements work and so on, not widdly widdly solo's :lol:

EvilDragon

One slowed down, part-by-part BLM solo, coming right up!

... in about 4 hours!

Gandalf1986

I'm posting my BLM solo at half speed as well! :)

Click me!

Enjoy! :D
You talk
You think you own me
You miss the point completely
These things I do they\'re not for you
I\'m sick and I\'m tired
Leave me alone...
[/b]

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. - Pedro

SerFox

Thanks, and EvilD, could you use a lead that doesn't have any harmonics on it? Some of your notes in the solo are actually the fifth, octave and thirteenth harmonics you get in these kinda leads and it' really putting me off with your rendition, especially the low part after where I got to!

EvilDragon

That's because that's the EXACTLY THE SAME sound which Jem used. I have Korg Legacy Collection Analog (old edition), so I mixed two Wavestations and MS-20 as per Jem's instructions in the video. It's the sound of "ZZ Lead" that's generating the sweeping harmonics.

But ok, I'll record it with my signature lead sound from Korg X5D :D... I see Gandalf beat me to it, but there you go anyways, I've got nothing better to do :) Slowly played, not in rhythm, but you'll pick it up, and I made a brief pause between various constituent parts of the solo ;)

http://www.box.net/shared/63falxedsb

There you go, mate!

EDIT: actually, I'm glad that I've posted this, since I heard Gandalf's version is wrong in a couple of places! ;)

SerFox

Thanks ofr leaving lots of little pauses in it, lets me distinguish all the little segments in it :D I've also managed to replicate Jem's lead in Reason 4, so all is dandy :D

And after a couple of listens it's all memorized. Now I just need to tidy it up, start slowly and build up my speed. Still working the fingering on the last passage though

Pedro

For comparison, have a look at this which a former Frost*ie did nearly 3 years ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3QWSCtAE7Q
"Putting food on the table is more important than 7/8"

EvilDragon

Yeah, he did it nicely, except there are some errors here and there too. :)

SerFox

I like his run up better, works a bit more fluidly

EvilDragon

But it's not exactly what Jem played, or so I think. His run starts from G, and Jem said he started from F...

Oh well. :)

Drarok

Re: Guitar Pro... There is a Mac version. :)