RUSH - Snakes & Arrows Live DVD

Started by H3WMW, November 12, 2008, 11:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H3WMW

Quote from: "Geddy Lee"
Quote from: "RacingHippo"
Quote from: "Geddy Lee"How can you tell Rush are my fave band?
I should bleedin' hope so! You are their lead singer and bassist after all!

Damn!!! I got recognised again!! Vapor Trails was an excellent album let down by utterly shite mixing. One day it will get remastered and we can hear it properly. Snakes and Arrows is superb!!
Anyone here a member of TNMS ( the european RUSH forum )?

I am my dear fellow.  I'm affectionately known on there as "Oor Wullie".

;)

Bert

Damn!!! I got recognised again!! Vapor Trails was an excellent album let down by utterly shite mixing. One day it will get remastered and we can hear it properly. Snakes and Arrows is superb!!

Now then, where did I put that Rickenbaker????

I'm a member, although I don't go there often now as. frankly, it started to get really cliquey. There are some pretty opinionated people on that board who seemed to want to claim possession of Rush and its UK mythology, which as a fan since the age of 14 I found a bit laughable.

Anyway, S&A DVD will focus on the band more this time so says Geddy Lee (the real one :-)) check this out http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/art ... 1003892513
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

EVP

Some of you may be interested to know that two tracks from Vapor Trails
have been remixed for the 3rd upcoming Best of collection that spans
the band's era on Atlantic Records.

Me thinks these new versions are gonna be MUCH better sonically.

BTW is the S+A live DVD out in the US yet?!?!

H3WMW

Quote from: "EVP"Some of you may be interested to know that two tracks from Vapor Trails
have been remixed for the 3rd upcoming Best of collection that spans
the band's era on Atlantic Records.

Me thinks these new versions are gonna be MUCH better sonically.

BTW is the S+A live DVD out in the US yet?!?!
Its out on Tuesday 25th November, the day after the UK release. :)

Geddy Lee

Quote from: "H3WMW"

;)

Ah then you might know me then, I am the guy that told Jonners to F*** off on the site!

I also agree that it baecame very cliquey but I also got attacked for saying that too!
Anyway RUSH out and buy the dvd now as it's out!!!
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

Lacklight

;)

Ah then you might know me then, I am the guy that told Jonners to F*** off on the site!

Word! And you don't get biscuits over there either..  ;)

H3WMW

;)

I also agree that it baecame very cliquey but I also got attacked for saying that too!
Anyway RUSH out and buy the dvd now as it's out!!!
I think everyone has told Jonners where to go at some point.  Same for Slim and Thefishy.  ;)

Can't wait to get the new DVD (well, BluRay actually) today.  It's sitting waiting for me at home as we speak.  I'm working till 8.30pm tonight so will have to wait for it until then but I've booked my seat in front of the TV tonight.  My missus has decided to spend the evening on the PC.  How nice of her eh?   :D

James_S

Quote from: "H3WMW"Same for Slim and Thefishy.  ;)

Is Slim still there arguing with everyone? I remember him from when it was all a mailing list. He was always very outspoken, and always right (in his own world, at least :) )
So many keyboards, so little time!

Geddy Lee

Quote from: "James_S"

Is Slim still there arguing with everyone? I remember him from when it was all a mailing list. He was always very outspoken, and always right (in his own world, at least :) )

Yes Slim is STILL there arguing as always! It got to a point where everytime I posted something Jonners would reply with some very nasty personal put down aimed at me, if I remember correctly my last words to Jonners before I deleted my account there ( apart form telling him to F*** off ) was that if I ever met him he would need an ambulance! Those words STILL hold true :D
It is a shame as it was a good place at first until the "cliquey gang" got formed - although it's not cliquey in the slightest really, honest!, at least thats what I was informed anyway. It's not so much a place to talk about a band you like, more a place to slag off a band that you used to like but now hate.
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

Bert

Yes Slim is STILL there arguing as always! It got to a point where everytime I posted something Jonners would reply with some very nasty personal put down aimed at me, if I remember correctly my last words to Jonners before I deleted my account there ( apart form telling him to F*** off ) was that if I ever met him he would need an ambulance! Those words STILL hold true :D
It is a shame as it was a good place at first until the "cliquey gang" got formed - although it's not cliquey in the slightest really, honest!, at least thats what I was informed anyway. It's not so much a place to talk about a band you like, more a place to slag off a band that you used to like but now hate.

That's exactly what I felt. I thought Slim was quite good value at first, but the joke started to wear a bit thin. Everytime he got challenged he retreated into this kind of gnomic (!!) pontification about the purity of his philosophical debating position. And all this about a band !! It just got tiresome and I couldn't be bothered anymore.

I also got a real life taste of the clique in action when I went to the bar in Glasgow that had been arranged as a meeting point before the SECC gig last year. Frankly, they were really unfriendly and I haven't been on the board since. I'm confident that when I meet some fellow Frost*ies on the 20th it'll be a much nicer :-)

But hey, Snakes and Arrows DVD - brilliant ! Best one so far I reckon :-)
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

H3WMW

Quote from: "Bert"

That's exactly what I felt. I thought Slim was quite good value at first, but the joke started to wear a bit thin. Everytime he got challenged he retreated into this kind of gnomic (!!) pontification about the purity of his philosophical debating position. And all this about a band !! It just got tiresome and I couldn't be bothered anymore.

I also got a real life taste of the clique in action when I went to the bar in Glasgow that had been arranged as a meeting point before the SECC gig last year. Frankly, they were really unfriendly and I haven't been on the board since. I'm confident that when I meet some fellow Frost*ies on the 20th it'll be a much nicer :-)

But hey, Snakes and Arrows DVD - brilliant ! Best one so far I reckon :-)
I'm sorry you felt that way about some of the TNMSers in Glasgow Bert. I was in the Solid Rock pub before the gig and everyone I spoke to was very friendly and excited about the gig. Its a shame we didn't meet.

you're spot on with the new DVD by the way. Its excellent and much better than Rush In Rio and R30.

Bert

[/quote]
I'm sorry you felt that way about some of the TNMSers in Glasgow Bert. I was in the Solid Rock pub before the gig and everyone I spoke to was very friendly and excited about the gig. Its a shame we didn't meet.

you're spot on with the new DVD by the way. Its excellent and much better than Rush In Rio and R30.[/quote]

:D maybe next time, eh ? Or when Frost headline SECC ?
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

johninblack

Quote from: "Bert"I'm confident that when I meet some fellow Frost*ies on the 20th it'll be a much nicer :-)

Sir, that is guaranteed :D I've yet to meet a bad tempered or rude Frostie* yet......cept perhaps me on a bad day......
"F#?K OFF, GRANDAD!!!!"

RWA

I've got it now but I'm not allowed to unwrap it until Dec 5th (Sinterklaas)!  :shock:

AnsOnkruid

Quote from: "RWA"I've got it now but I'm not allowed to unwrap it until Dec 5th (Sinterklaas)!  :shock:
I feel your pain. The new Coldplay EP is hidden somewhere in this house. Sad face.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)