RUSH - Snakes & Arrows Live DVD

Started by H3WMW, November 12, 2008, 11:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H3WMW

The new Rush DVD entitled Snakes & Arrows Live is to be released in the UK on Monday 24th November.

This is approx. 5 months after the audio CD release of Snakes & Arrows Live.

Here is more info about it and a nice video excerpt of 2112/The Temples Of Syrinx..............

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m3DVCAP3FH9GFN

Mikey

I like Rush, but more live stuff...........Yawn
I used to have a signature

Geddy Lee

Quote from: "Mikey"I like Rush, but more live stuff...........Yawn

No, no no! The is no like.....only LOVE! You either LOVE Rush or not, there is no like! :lol:

I was actually gonna post this about the new dvd myself but I've been beaten to it again! I know what you mean about more live stuff though, although I'm quite looking froward to this dvd as the show at the NEC...Ooops! sorry, should I call it the LG Arena now?..., was bloody superb, but then I was only 10 rows from the front!

How can you tell Rush are my fave band?
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

RacingHippo

Quote from: "Geddy Lee"How can you tell Rush are my fave band?
I should bleedin' hope so! You are their lead singer and bassist after all!
* May contain nuts.

James_S

Quote from: "RacingHippo"

Perhaps his solo album was his favourite? :D
So many keyboards, so little time!

RacingHippo

Quote from: "James_S"

Perhaps his solo album was his favourite? :D
Nah I doubt it -  I've heard he considers that album to be his favourite headache.
* May contain nuts.

Brom

Quote from: "Mikey"I like Rush, but more live stuff...........Yawn

I like Rush too but interestingly when I got the R30 live DVD home and found there was a fault on the disk, I was not inclined to get a replacement, just my money back.

To me since Counterparts they have gone downhill a bit, a few "nice" tracks but nothing outstanding, and I have never "got" Vapo(u)r Trails. - bloomin awful IMHO.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

MikeEvs

Never got into Rush, Mr Lee's voice is like nails down a blackboard for me

Mooncat

Love Rush!!!!!

I also like the way that they are still able to laugh at themselves and find little ways to keep the interest going for both them and the audience(the little pre gig/intro films). I too was only a few rows back from the stage at the NEC/LG on the S&A tour and it was brilliant. Have had the DVD on pre order for ages!!!!! Only problem is I'll hopefully already have the EIMA DVD by then so I may have to not watch that for a day or two when S&A arrives!!! :D  :D  :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

RWA

Aha! I was at one of the Rotterdam gigs. Excellent as ever. Must have this one.  :D

Geddy Lee

Damn!!! I got recognised again!! Vapor Trails was an excellent album let down by utterly shite mixing. One day it will get remastered and we can hear it properly. Snakes and Arrows is superb!!
Anyone here a member of TNMS ( the european RUSH forum )?

Now then, where did I put that Rickenbaker????
Be A Hero, Kill Your Ego

biskitbass

I was at the Glasgow Gig, vvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy far back - thought the new stuff was great but agreed, Vapour Trails 'sucked' to coin a phrase.
I like the way they don't seem to take themselves too seriously (movie clips on stage etc and chicken rotisserie's - what???).

Maybe FROST* should think about a few bread makers or a kettle on stage??
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you\'re gonna see some serious shit."
http://www.aquariannation.com/Home%20Pa ... Update.htm
http://www.myspace.com/biskitbass

PaulBM

I have to agree regarding Vapor Trails, it just washes over me in a wave of noise. Not the subtly I'm used to. So sad that Rush, known for their sound quality in the past, became a victim of the Loudness War.

I reluctantly listened to Snakes and Arrows and liked it, so perhaps Santa will bring the live DVD set to our household.  8-)

Dave M

Saw them at the NEC, a few rows back from the front, I thought the show was brilliant, the latrest album is brilliant, and translated to live so well. I'll put that DVD on my list for Santa.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Lacklight

Quote from: "Geddy Lee"

Anyone here a member of TNMS ( the european RUSH forum )?

I was but I'm not anymore  :roll:

I saw them 4 times on the S & A Tour 16 times in all since 1978, I must admit to being a little indifferent about the DVD, but I'll get round to it eventually!