Purrings of an untamed beast...

Started by EvilDragon, September 24, 2009, 12:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilDragon

...alas, a virtual one!

Knob-twiddlers and all those who consider themselves worthy enough, I present thee...

Stillwell Audio OLGA!

Two minutes and sixteen seconds of uncut material, for your ears and enjoyment only! The patch is rather basic and shows off several key features of OLGA: oscillators, filter resonance, the sickest phaser on Earth (most swirlings come from that), the drive circuit (moderately). Beware, you forfeit all safety restrictions by clicking on the link below! EvilDragon will hold no responsibility for any or all eventual eardrum damage that was result of this short demonstration. Enter at your own risk!

http://www.box.net/shared/n4xrbgxt90

Master Jem and others, how do you like it?

P.S.: It really isn't that vicious... much :)

EvilDragon

Another quick thing I did: four instances of OLGA and Waldorf Attack for drums. Used Reaper's effects and a couple of other reverbs (QuikQuak Fusion Space and GSi TimeVerb). No EQ, just multiband compression on master channel and slight compression of 2 individual channels.

http://www.box.net/shared/xe0ydfdsda

EvilDragon

Jem

Sorry mate, miles away...

It's a cool we beastie isn't it? It sort of sounds to me like a 1 stop Pink Floyd machine. I don't know why. And yes, that is a very cool phaser.

Love the GUI too.  :D

EvilDragon

I love the grittiness of it. But it can do very warm stuff indeed.

The resonance is off the charts, especially on maximum. I think that one needs to be registered with its own Richter number :P

Sorry if I'm sometimes a bit pushy with my posts, but I'm really anxious for comments from anybody who is willing to share opinion. So I thank thee, master Jem, for sharing one with me, a humble 23-year old keyboard player from Croatia.

:)

Mouse

The Olga does sound pretty damn nice, and it looks cool too. It's always nice to discover new and different synthesisers that make whooshy space noises, so thanks ED!  :)