Re: Any of us lucky enough to be surfing the Google Wave?

Started by Bert, October 07, 2009, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bert

Quote from: "eponymous"
Quote from: "Bert"I've got an an invite now (I had a tantrum) and now I've got it, I don't know what the f**k to do with it  :roll:

But at least I have it, and am no longer the outsider at fashionable new media dinner parties, and can still feel part on the Internet2.0rati  ;)

(ps, can anyone tell me what the f**k it's for and how to use it ? Racing ?)
Bert, don't know how I missed this... congrats!  Have you got it sorted out yet?  Did you start a public Frost* Wave?

Still waiting for Google to invite me.  I've actually gone and requested a "Google Apps For Your Domain" type invite and told them I'd love to have Wave enabled for my entire domain.  We'll see how that works out.  If it does I'll let the Frost*ies know and perhaps hand out some eponymous.com identities to get more of us on the Wave...

*fingers crossed but not terribly hopeful*

Epo, let me send you an invite. Let me know your email address and I'll send an invite.

Like I said, I'm not closer to understanding it, but maybe I just need to get on a wave
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Bert

Ahhhh, now I get it.

It's a new paradigm, it is, y'know...

innit  :)
I am a Norfolk Man and glory in being so!
http://www.deadnobodies.net
Ladies and gentlemen
You can relax now
Your world is now officially a better place!

More Pram In The Wedge !
Stereo Trellis

Drarok

Drarok

I'm riding the Wave! Woo!

No invites yet, I'm afraid.

Is there a public Frost*ie Wave yet? :mrgreen:

catherine

I've just been allotted a space on the Google wave and I have a few spare invites - so if you'd like one, pm me with gmail addresses and I'll see what I can do. Google says I can nominate people for invites but the invites "will not be sent immediately" as they have a lot of stamps to lick.

Pajter

I'm surfing the Wave as well. Nothing about invites yet though.

gr8gonzo

...and I can feel the world is turning...turn around

MikeEvs

Quote from: "gr8gonzo"Frost*ie Wave has commenced!

How do I find it?

gr8gonzo

If you (or anyone else) is using Google Wave, you can search for Frost*ies or PM one of us your Google Wave email account.

MikeEvs

Tried searching didn't find anything, you have a pm

gr8gonzo

I stepped out for lunch.  Looks like Catherine got you in, though.  Welcome to the wave!

rogerg

well, I have a busy week this week, but I'm all into cool new technologies, so if there's something available for me to join in, I'd take it!

DueyC

Also to be found running the website and merch sales at www.lifesignsmusic.co.uk

Brom

What's this?, yet another web based thinggy to eat into valuable free time. I think I'm going to spend some more time with the kids while I maybe think about this one.
I am out of the office. Messages can be left with Mr. C Lyons on 020 7722 3333

gr8gonzo

Brom, Google Wave is essentially just email with more bells and whistles, not another "I just ate a sandwich" social network, though it could be used for networking.  It's got some issues, but it'll be a decent product when they iron out the wrinkles.  I see it being most useful in the work environment when several people are collaborating on a project.

I don't have invite capability yet, but will announce when I do, for those interested.