Vertical Horizon - Burning The Days

Started by Mooncat, October 10, 2009, 06:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooncat

I was over at Neil Peart's website the other day (as you do) and saw an ad for an album by a band called Vertical Horizon to which Mr P has contributed some drumming and also lyrics on a couple of songs. So off I tootle and listen to a few song clips and am now the happy owner of 'Burning The Days'.

It's a cracking album, almost Porcupine Tree-eqsue in places. Would recommend a visit to their sites to see for yourselves //http://www.verticalhorizon.com/

I LOVE the web!!!! :D
One of the brave Defenders of the Realm - Lydney, October 2010
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

rogerg

I remember these guys from their 1999 album.  listening now to the new one, and it sounds good!

thanks!

EVP

Yeah Neil and Matt Scannell go back a little ways. Matt was probably one of the
key friends that Neil had over the years getting back on the "healing road" after the
tragedies in his life.  They ride motorcycles and have traveled together.  Neil had
mentioned a while back he did some drum tracks for the album and it has finally
seen the light of day.  Not sure if I'll buy the whole album but I'll at least get the songs
he played on through itunes.

Ironically I've been hearing "Everything you want" on the local soft rock station
on the radio at work. Even without the connection with Neil to this band now
I always kinda liked that song.

Mooncat

I've obviously gone about things in reverse - like the new album so have now ordered the older albums!!!

rogerg

they're all on eMusic, too, if you have an account over there.

Dave M

Excellent, I love their earlier stuff, will have to get the new one .. thanks for the tip off.
... it was like watching a peach jelly f##k a steel drum ..  

Mooncat

For anyone in the same boat as me (i.e. not got any of the older stuff) they have a bundle up on their webshop for all 3 of the 'independant' albums for $25. Bargain

Mooncat

.....or rather it would've been had our lovely UK customs people hadn't decided to charge me £12.15 import duty!!!!!